That and the fact it didn't lock up at past the ton mark, so I'd say yea,
prayer works.

Other problems or concerns?
Lets see.
There is the tranny upgrade,
but not everybody needs it.
Only problem I've had is the bearing.
Well that ain't exactly true either.
I should have said that was the only problem caused by the manufacturing process.
There were several other minor issues OWNER induced.:confused:

Well, took it to the dealer. Def. the bearing and possibly the final drive. Dealer says he's checking with Triumph to see if they will cover it. I told him a lot of you guys got it covered out of warranty because it seemed to be a common problem, but he never heard of the bearing going out. Im hoping and praying! May need to reference some of you guys if Triumph puts up a fight. Only has 8000 miles and I dont drive that hard. Well shall see.

Tim

Tim,
Have your dealer call performance suzuki in OKC if he wants verification,
I know they've replaced 3 or 4.
If he needs more and "says" triumph won't cover it,
Call baxters in Marne Iowa, they've replaced "a few".

Baxter's and a 'few' allright..... Baxters and 20 or more.....:eek:

I get a charge out of the dealer line about 'never hearing about that problem before'. Must be an ear wax thing.

I'd be hightailing it to another dealer without the 'ear wax' problem......:D...why? Because it's a complicated tear down, the cases have to be split and there are other things internally that have to be checked and possibly replaced.

been there did that and the outcome is very positive, but then, I dealt with a dealer that keeps his ears free of wax.

Go Gus.....................:)

Thanks for the info guys. But if it dosent come out of the dealer's pocket, why would they try to hide it if they ever had an issue with this? They dealer seems ok. They submitted the claim into Triumph already. My bike came out of warranty this past September. They said they probably would cover it. Did your guys dealer say they would take care of it even before calling Triumph? Never had warranty service, so Just trying not to get taken for a "ride".

Thanks For all the info!

TIm

Triumph pays a minimal amount of labor (as all manufacturers do) for warranty work. If your dealer has never pulled one apart before, they will be eating some labor expense as part of the learning curve. I personally would take it to someone that knows what the upgrade kit is.

Triumph pays a minimal amount of labor (as all manufacturers do) for warranty work. If your dealer has never pulled one apart before, they will be eating some labor expense as part of the learning curve. I personally would take it to someone that knows what the upgrade kit is.

Well they charged 2 hours of labor for the bearing, and then to take the final drive apart. Two hours sounded pretty quick to me. Too late to take it somewhere else. As long as they eat it and not me, we'll be square. They are closed today, but Ill call them tomorrow, and give you guys an update. Continual thanks for the replys!

Back