Went to the dealer today and.....

bus man

Standard Bore
sat on a Classic Tourer. I'll be trading in my Tiger pretty soon. I like! I thought that I wanted/needed the hard bags of the Touring model.......but after seeing this leather bagged beauty I realize that I don't. And why sacrifice that hp, upside down forks and nice bar mounted gauges.....and did I mention that hp? I asked my dealer why he thought that Triumph lowered the power and put a smaller section rear tire on the Touring edition. He thinks that Triumph is thinking that a less intimidating bike might draw in a few more customers. He also told me that the Tourer and the lower horse powerTouring editions don't have the same camshafts (different part #'s). Anyhow, he's getting a black and white one in pretty soon. Something to warm up my imagination this winter. Thankyou all for all the info....I can't believe that I was strongly considering a Warrior before I came here. I asked the head mechanic there about the keyway and output shaft bearing issues and, FWIW, he said that of the 20 R3's he services, he's not come across these problems yet. Good to know.
Danny

Sat on a tourer :eek: What! No test drive. Waiting a few months till the local dealer gets in a 08 Touring could be monetarily advantageous :D But your tiger could depreciate equally??

One approach is to have a maximum you're willing to pay and a minimum you're willing to sell for. Never a Trade-in.

I traded my trusty old 98 Tiger for my R3 and never looked back. I loved the Tiger, but the Rock is in a class by itself.

The dealer who just adjusted my valves and checked my timing chain and gears also has not been seeing any bad problems.

The dealer who just adjusted my valves and checked my timing chain and gears also has not been seeing any bad problems.
WT.... I couldn't help myself when I read this. Now let me get this straight...... did he adjust your valves and check your timing chain..... or the Rocket's? :p

I've got way too much time on my hands ....... huh?

Back