Well its happend some one has been seriously hurt because of the stalling and idle

I`ve had it happen a couple of times a while back also ...whilst being a bit leisurely between lower gear shifts ,it stalled did the good ol`lock up /slide ...just a matter of clutching /hitting the starter and turning a slide into a wheelspin /wheelie:) ..but yep,I agree with Tom...the issue still remains ,regardless of whether the guys story is truth or fiction...it could easily end up with someone being hurt or killed ,particularly in dense traffic .It needs to be sorted by Triumph ,it`s not a witch hunt..just our right as consumers,that simple.

I think this thread title should be changed to more accurately reflect the discussion.

The rear end of that rocket did not lock up due to stalling.

The truth is... the rockets with the stall issue are only going to stall with the clutch pulled in and zero throttle. Under those circumstances all you're going to do is coast, that's it. Generally speaking, you also will be moving at a low rate of speed as well. Just hit the started and you're off again. I have the stall issue as bad as the worst of them. Sure, I'm frustrated and I want it fixed, but in the mean time, it is not a barrier to riding the bike and it's not a particularly worrisome safety issue.

Mine has stalled a time or two, but it was always just when I pulled in the clutch to downshift coming to a stop. the rear wheel would slide for a moment before I had time to pull the clutch back in and hit the starter. I have had no stalling since setting the idle per Tomo's insructions, but these pcm's should be smart enough to realize the engine is about to stall and adjust the idle to compensate. Reminds me of the early days of automotive fuel injection when we were working with really primitive systems by today's standards.

Back