Wednesday Bike Night Observation

So can someone explain to me the logic behind all Roadsters being black (a stripe here or there doesn't count)?? Talk about a stupid idea. Don't get me wrong; I like black bikes. But all the same? Just like Harley? No way.

I think Triumph took a page from Henry Ford's manufaturing; "You can have any color you want as long as it is black".

I'm guessing as the numbers off the production line are relatively small compared to the main stream they were better sticking with just 2 finishes so they didn't have any surplus for any one colour

What Triumph could do though is provide a colour option at ordering that would cost a little more in money and and a lot more in time but give you what you want...

Gun metal finish for me I think :)

I couldn't agree more.
You can only wonder who makes these decisions.
As an example, look at toilets and vanity units in the 60s, 70s, 80s & 90s.
You could get a wide range of colours, green, blue, beige, pink etc,
Now !! white, white, and more white.
Once upon a time black was just another bike colour (or shade) but now its black, black, black!!
Now that's got me thinking, don't know if I've ever seen a black toilet (would be easy to keep clean though).

My bike is still black because I refuse to spend more than $1000 on something that doesn't make me faster, lighter, or more stable.

It is that way with a lot of bikes.....Often they will have a new color on a bike for a new model year but everything except the color is the same. At the end of the day we are talking about low volume vehicles. I do like the idea of a custom paint job but that can be done locally much faster given that you can buy a bike off the show room floor and have it painted and ready to go in a week. A custom order would delay the bike by months as you would have to wait for it to then get shipped to your location.

How many in the Rocket line are sold each year? Anyone know?

Back