For Sale wants to sell '05 R3

Do u know how many miles is on the bike i may be interrested

You have to turn your phone sideways to see the info block on a smartphone. I never knew that for years after I switched from laptop, Steel pointed it out to me just last year.
Thanks for that, I'm a smartphone user and had no idea.

All yours Turbo, Cali's a bit far for me.

You have to turn your phone sideways to see the info block on a smartphone. I never knew that for years after I switched from laptop, Steel pointed it out to me just last year.
PCs still rule and the Ads are tiny! ;)
1607461735209.png
:thumbsup::cool:

I didn't realize so many of you had responded! Thank You all! I was texting back and forth to "Aquila" and didn't realize that was a PM. So no one here was in the loop. I was explaining to Aquila how badly I want it out of the garage. All at once, not piece by piece if I can help it, and your kind responses convince me that parting out an R3 is best left to the mechanic who is in the trade. I might spend six months and several thousand in postage and still have a frame and engine sitting in front of my lathe!
Triple Trouble, valuable tip on the white wire. That is enough of a clue for me to pull the fuel tank and put a meter on it. (Buts its not the switch, new one made no difference, and its not the starter motor, new one made no difference... groan... LOL)
Starmanut: I will attach another photo as the bike currently sits. The posted photo was for some attempted T-shirt art for Land Speed. I put the bike all back to 'stock' with all the street/touring stuff bolted on in the hope of selling it all at once. If it turns out to be the white wire I will strip it back down to an around town bike and annoy the neighbors for another year of two with the obnoxious exhaust note. (It has a super trapp, but I always seem to put in washers that are a few decibels too loud.)
Kevin Frazier: I non-opped the bike for four years while I fooled around with the Land Speed Crowd. I was never competitive, but I really enjoyed rubbing shoulders with those folks. A lot of REALLY knowledgeable folks and every one of them willing to help in any way they can. I thought I was an automatic record contender when I bought a rule book and confirmed there was no record for normally aspirated 2 liter motorcycle. Seems I overlooked something called a 'minimum'. To keep a person from sandbagging and running up the points with a new record every week, every class has a minimum speed that must be broken before you can call it a record. In our class the R3 needs to go 195 mph at El Mirage to set a record. Oh.....
It is a lot harder to go fast at El Mirage than everyone thinks. People are always coming out there with a new bike/idea and expecting to easily set a record. I was one of them. (I didn't think I would break 195 but I thought I would easily hit 160.) With the altitude density, the heat, the soft slippery surface and only 1.3 miles to get rolling it just isn't easy. My best speed was 152.552 mph. (It felt fast to me, but in reality I was just out there putting around while real racers were hauling ass) Still a lot of fun.
And for OhLordyMyKnees: Stay tuned, if it is just the white wire and I get it sorted and run it for it a bit I might be just what you need. I live in Southern Calif. and when this COVID 19 thing is over you might want to come down and ride this thing home. I've ridden it to New York and back once, to Branson Missouri and back once. To Laguna Seca for the races up in Monterey CA several times, to Reno with about 40 other Rockets once and to Northern California and back with a few Rockets. With two sets of forward pegs (one set mounted on the crash bars) and an Air Hawk seat cushion which ever so slightly changes the angle on your knees, it is a great distance bike. (If by distance I mean the 200 miles between gas stations, lol) Never done 1,000 miles in one day, coming back from Branson my son and I thought we would make it, but a radiator hose on his Ducati and a rain storm that evening saw us stop in Arizona at 940 miles, my personal longest ever day.
Interesting side note. I came home from a trip, and with all the stuff, Crash Bars, Fog Lights, Saddle bags and GPS I went to Irwindale and ran test and tune in the 1/8 mile. Got 99 mph out of it. Hot Stuff. Went home and stripped 70#'s off the bike, and went back the next week, ran 99 mph. lol Then I found out that they ADD weight to go land speed racing. I knew that is where I belonged. (Get on the bike, weight is added, done!)

I promise I will provide photos shortly. I am not a complete idiot, but I have a new Dell from Best Buy with Windows 10 (ha ha) and I cannot effectively move photos from my iPhone to the computer. (I am stubbornly, but ignorantly refusing to get involved with one drive after the hassle of getting untangled with iPhone cloud storage scam. ) I have a lot of photos of the bike but I want to first post only a real picture 'as is, where is now).

I didn't realize so many of you had responded! Thank You all! I was texting back and forth to "Aquila" and didn't realize that was a PM. So no one here was in the loop. I was explaining to Aquila how badly I want it out of the garage. All at once, not piece by piece if I can help it, and your kind responses convince me that parting out an R3 is best left to the mechanic who is in the trade. I might spend six months and several thousand in postage and still have a frame and engine sitting in front of my lathe!
Triple Trouble, valuable tip on the white wire. That is enough of a clue for me to pull the fuel tank and put a meter on it. (Buts its not the switch, new one made no difference, and its not the starter motor, new one made no difference... groan... LOL)
Starmanut: I will attach another photo as the bike currently sits. The posted photo was for some attempted T-shirt art for Land Speed. I put the bike all back to 'stock' with all the street/touring stuff bolted on in the hope of selling it all at once. If it turns out to be the white wire I will strip it back down to an around town bike and annoy the neighbors for another year of two with the obnoxious exhaust note. (It has a super trapp, but I always seem to put in washers that are a few decibels too loud.)
Kevin Frazier: I non-opped the bike for four years while I fooled around with the Land Speed Crowd. I was never competitive, but I really enjoyed rubbing shoulders with those folks. A lot of REALLY knowledgeable folks and every one of them willing to help in any way they can. I thought I was an automatic record contender when I bought a rule book and confirmed there was no record for normally aspirated 2 liter motorcycle. Seems I overlooked something called a 'minimum'. To keep a person from sandbagging and running up the points with a new record every week, every class has a minimum speed that must be broken before you can call it a record. In our class the R3 needs to go 195 mph at El Mirage to set a record. Oh.....
It is a lot harder to go fast at El Mirage than everyone thinks. People are always coming out there with a new bike/idea and expecting to easily set a record. I was one of them. (I didn't think I would break 195 but I thought I would easily hit 160.) With the altitude density, the heat, the soft slippery surface and only 1.3 miles to get rolling it just isn't easy. My best speed was 152.552 mph. (It felt fast to me, but in reality I was just out there putting around while real racers were hauling ass) Still a lot of fun.
And for OhLordyMyKnees: Stay tuned, if it is just the white wire and I get it sorted and run it for it a bit I might be just what you need. I live in Southern Calif. and when this COVID 19 thing is over you might want to come down and ride this thing home. I've ridden it to New York and back once, to Branson Missouri and back once. To Laguna Seca for the races up in Monterey CA several times, to Reno with about 40 other Rockets once and to Northern California and back with a few Rockets. With two sets of forward pegs (one set mounted on the crash bars) and an Air Hawk seat cushion which ever so slightly changes the angle on your knees, it is a great distance bike. (If by distance I mean the 200 miles between gas stations, lol) Never done 1,000 miles in one day, coming back from Branson my son and I thought we would make it, but a radiator hose on his Ducati and a rain storm that evening saw us stop in Arizona at 940 miles, my personal longest ever day.
Interesting side note. I came home from a trip, and with all the stuff, Crash Bars, Fog Lights, Saddle bags and GPS I went to Irwindale and ran test and tune in the 1/8 mile. Got 99 mph out of it. Hot Stuff. Went home and stripped 70#'s off the bike, and went back the next week, ran 99 mph. lol Then I found out that they ADD weight to go land speed racing. I knew that is where I belonged. (Get on the bike, weight is added, done!)

I promise I will provide photos shortly. I am not a complete idiot, but I have a new Dell from Best Buy with Windows 10 (ha ha) and I cannot effectively move photos from my iPhone to the computer. (I am stubbornly, but ignorantly refusing to get involved with one drive after the hassle of getting untangled with iPhone cloud storage scam. ) I have a lot of photos of the bike but I want to first post only a real picture 'as is, where is now).
When I want to move pictures I email them to myself, then save them, works going both ways

Hey Doc, are the pipes on it louder than the Jardines you gave me years ago? If they're not louder I'd be interested in them for my 2014 Rocket Roadster (sold the 2005 Rocket after 65,000 miles to get the Roadster with anti-lock brakes for when an old lady turns in front of me). Sorry to hear you're retiring from riding :-( but I too have noticed that it does get harder and harder to muscle the beast around.

Back