pastorfreak

Supercharged
I got my VIN number off my bie today the bike is being shipped for next week arrival. My VIN number starts with SMTCOOL is that a general VIN starting number the letter portion of it anyway?

Freak

My 2007 tourer VIN starts with SMT also but, when I tried to join RAT I was told there was no such number. The dealer double checked it along with me and we submitted the number on the bike several times. I guess they slipped me a Japanese knock off. After 5 or 6 tries and even emailing the club directly, only to be told there is no such number, I told them to forget it. I don't need a club that is that screwed up before you even join. Good luck. I hope yours is a "real" R3.

PF, yes that is correct. SMT is the manufacuterer code they should all start with that.

usfo8 I would double check the O's aren't 0's and vice versa. A lot of people had trouble getting their VIN to be accepted when Triumph went to the on line registration. My RAT membership expires in Dec, I renewed the other day and got an email that said my membership was renewed until Dec 1, 2006. So they do have some sorting to do.

It's Zeros not O's

When I went to register my bike with State Farm Insurance I gave them the number and letters based on my salesman saying that the fun part about this bike is the word COOL in the SN. Well, it tuns out they're not O's but Zeros. Usually on the title there'll be a diagonal line thru both O's designated them as Zeros. Okay, that's cleared up and I'm home from work so it's time for Nighty Night!

My 2007 tourer VIN starts with SMT also but, when I tried to join RAT I was told there was no such number. The dealer double checked it along with me and we submitted the number on the bike several times. I guess they slipped me a Japanese knock off. After 5 or 6 tries and even emailing the club directly, only to be told there is no such number, I told them to forget it. I don't need a club that is that screwed up before you even join. Good luck. I hope yours is a "real" R3.

When I went to register my bike with State Farm Insurance I gave them the number and letters based on my salesman saying that the fun part about this bike is the word COOL in the SN. Well, it tuns out they're not O's but Zeros. Usually on the title there'll be a diagonal line thru both O's designated them as Zeros. Okay, that's cleared up and I'm home from work so it's time for Nighty Night!

On my Title Application it shows SMTC00L, not SMTCOOL. So they are zero's.:)

Back