UserGroup Forums!!!

Toystoretom

Living Legend
Last Sunday Pianoman tried to get a few of us out to enjoy some of the nice weather here in the KC area and found basically it was hard to contact and organize everyone by using the PM system... it is just too slow and cumbersome.

One of the V Bulletin features is the ability to set up usergroups and I have done so for the local KC area folks. This will be a dedicated forum only they can use, and everyone that belongs to that usergroup can participate. Now we have the ability to post a ride notice very quickly with almost no effort... and we won't bother the rest of the membership with our sick little plans :D.

To join the Kansas City Rider's usergroup simply click on "User CP" above... then... find the menu on the left of the page and click on group memberships and join up. There might not be much going on as we head into winter but we have it if we need it.

Please PM me if you would like to set up your own usergroup.. We are working on some custom features also, once we get a few members we will start the experiments:eek:

I forgot... since this is a private forum if you register you must be approved for membership...which means that I have to log on once in awhile and approve applications. If you don't get approved in 24 hours or so that means I'm asleep at the wheel..:D and you should probably PM me.

I feel alienated. You have a concentration of Captains out there and I have Bart who has already wrecked his Rocket so I guess there is me. Life sucks, big time.:(

Guess I'm going to have to sell the R3 and get a Harley. Everybody around here rides a Harley. I'm a big time minority. Not even a 1%er. More like a 1/100th%er.:mad:

I'm spending too much time here. Need to go back to Delphi and the Bonneville boys.:) Lots more Bonneville Pilots than Rocket Captains anyway.

Not So Fast

I feel alienated. You have a concentration of Captains out there and I have Bart who has already wrecked his Rocket so I guess there is me. Life sucks, big time.:(

Guess I'm going to have to sell the R3 and get a Harley. Everybody around here rides a Harley. I'm a big time minority. Not even a 1%er. More like a 1/100th%er.:mad:
Wait a minute Flip....... That's not the guy I've learned to respect, admire and look up to when it came to R3 loyalty, knowledge and pure inspirational posts to this forum. You.........give up......why I'll have to call "Ripley's Believe It Or Not" for a ruling on this one.

There's nothing wrong with being a minority. I spent almost a year in KC without running into any R3's except mine. Every ride was with either Harleys or Goldwings. I couldn't wait to meet another Triumph rider so I could compare notes and see what they'd done with there BEAST! One day I'm sitting in a local sports bar and I see a guy with a leather jacket and a bit ROCKET III patch on the back. Almost turned tables over trying to get to him before he left. He had stopped to ask one of the staff if they knew who was riding the red one out front. I spoke up and said it was me. Sparks flew and smiles lasted for nearly an hour as we stood out front and talked. That turned out to be Robbie Rob

In truth....... besides being a great bike I wanted one because it was different and unusual and always got extra attention whether it was at a stop light or parked. I still have people drive by me and take pictures. Several times I've been at a stop light and they've asked me to pull into a parking lot so they could look at the bike. Hey...minority can be good.

My most fun, next to leaving all others from a stop light, is riding with other bikes and getting the most attention and questions when we stop. My bike now has his own business card with a picture on the front and info on the back. Makes it a lot easier for folks to remember what you told them about the bike after you've left the scene.

Of course, after watching your posts for a while, you're probably pulling our leg and aren't going anywhere. If that's the case.........congratulations you got me good on this one.

Last edited:
One of our topics at Fitters

Flip.... Glad to hear you'll hang around and very sorry to hear about your cat. We had a conversation about that last Sunday. All of us are animal lovers and have had to put down several in our time. It's never easy and like a family memeber, you can never replace them.

My vet always asked if I can be there when they do the deed. He felt, and I agree, it's easier on the pet if they have someone they're familiar with stroking them and talking with them as they start to sleep. Hopefully it makes the journey a little less stressful.

Sorry Flip

Sidecar Flip said:
PianoMan:

Never fear, Flip's always here.:D After loosing my favorite cat the other night, I'm a little down. That's all.
My 15 year old Aussie is having trouble getting up and down, and I know the time is coming soon. Been there too many times and I think alot of us who know that all they ask is kindness and a scratch now and then for unconditional love feel what you are going through. Glad you are back.

...you had me going Flip. Glad you were kidding.

Sorry to hear about your cat Flip. My condolences.
I too am having feline woes, as Coco, our three legged mascot is not responding to Baytril(antibiotic). Last weeks vet bill was 280.00 and the amputation last spring was,.....well let's just say her time was not yet up.
Now she seems to have a large mass around her stomach and her blood work was not good. Our Vet wants to see her again but we quite frankly feel like we're throwing money at a problem that has yet to be defined. So we have elected to see how well she does after the Baytril and let it go at that. I hope this doesn't come across as me being cheap and insensitive cuz this has been quite the ordeal for us.:(

Hondax, I understand perfectly.

Jeff:

Not at all. I'm very familiar with pet ordeals. My cat, Torch didn't expire peacefully. Amy has a running account with the Vet here for her horses, the 30 or so barn cats and our 5 dogs. I wish I could afford health insurance for them because with the exception of the Percheron mares and the Belgium Standardbred, they are all strays and castoffs. We live just close enough to the city for those city folks to bring their unwanted and abused animals out here and drop them off which they justify in their pea brains as good for the animal and so they feel justified and that's garbage. The few we have are the ones that weren't run over or shot. Id like to bestow the same fate on the maligned owners that the owners bestowed on their defenseless animals. I snatched my late cat from a scrap yard in downtown Detroit over 20 years ago. If I hadn't, the rats would have eaten her. I wrote a little eulogy about her and posted it on your BD Barbecue thread the other night. Posting that made it a little easier. People reading it probably think I'm weird. I am.:)

The problem with domesticated pets is that their lifespan is shorter than yours and you get attached as you watch them grow, get old and finally expire. It's always hard and it never gets any easier. Been there, done that many times and I still grieve.

I felt genuinely bad about poking fun at BD Mongolian BBQ. I feel the need to repent somehow. It's tough enough being a farmer without some butt head like me poking fun at your favorite beanery where you and the missus like to go and want to share your experience with others. Funny or not, I'll refrain from that kind of asinine behavior from now on

Back