Update...broke down yet again

I don't get how someone can possibly highlight the new Rocket in the terms of quality (seen and been in quite a few conversations/arguments on this topic at several online platforms), when you see the amount of issues ppl have with this bike, myself included. OP is quite lucky though, at least his dealer is willing to work on the issue, not like in my case and also in TURBO200R4 one.
Fingers crossed m8, I hope you'll get the issue solved the normal way, not like I'm forced to try.
Thanks mate. Still no update yet. A new battery was purchased but I've heard nothing. Guess its something more sinister. I'm looking at getting rid of it if and when its fixed. I'll take what I can get if it means piece of mind. Shame, its a great bike on paper. My dealership is great considering the piece of junk my bike turned out to be

Thanks mate. Still no update yet. A new battery was purchased but I've heard nothing. Guess its something more sinister. I'm looking at getting rid of it if and when its fixed. I'll take what I can get if it means piece of mind. Shame, its a great bike on paper. My dealership is great considering the piece of junk my bike turned out to be
Totally understand you m8. I was considering the selling option too. But I just came to conclusion I can't do it, for my sake and for the sake of all the other ppl who are stuck with a "defective" Rocket without any hope for solution. Also, I don't have any idea which bike could replace the Rocket, putting my issue aside, the bike is great and unique to ride. It's my third new Triumph I have and I love the triple engines just too much, bad for me, I know 🙃
Anyway, I'll see this through to the end, whatever that might be, I'm determined.

P.S. : I envy you the dealership dude :-D

Totally understand you m8. I was considering the selling option too. But I just came to conclusion I can't do it, for my sake and for the sake of all the other ppl who are stuck with a "defective" Rocket without any hope for solution. Also, I don't have any idea which bike could replace the Rocket, putting my issue aside, the bike is great and unique to ride. It's my third new Triumph I have and I love the triple engines just too much, bad for me, I know 🙃
Anyway, I'll see this through to the end, whatever that might be, I'm determined.

P.S. : I envy you the dealership dude :-D
Ive made a concerted effort the whole time that they never built the bike, triumph did. Any anger and frustration is directed at triumph, not my dealer. I show them courtesy, respect, and give them and their dealership positive reviews whenever possible.
As for my decision, if it's a simple fix thats easily identifiable then I may keep it. If it turns out I need a whole new wiring harness that I have to wait 3 months for, then we may have a problem. I didnt pay 30G for a bike to spend months in someone elses possession. As a tall guy the rocket suits me perfectly..........when its going.
The feeling of being stranded without help 2 days in a row isnt fun and I'd rather not experience that again.

Ive made a concerted effort the whole time that they never built the bike, triumph did. Any anger and frustration is directed at triumph, not my dealer. I show them courtesy, respect, and give them and their dealership positive reviews whenever possible.
As for my decision, if it's a simple fix thats easily identifiable then I may keep it. If it turns out I need a whole new wiring harness that I have to wait 3 months for, then we may have a problem. I didnt pay 30G for a bike to spend months in someone elses possession. As a tall guy the rocket suits me perfectly..........when its going.
The feeling of being stranded without help 2 days in a row isnt fun and I'd rather not experience that again.
I'm of course angry mostly with Triumph, as you do. However, my dealer tried some things, can't deny that, but those were things I suggested myself and they just did it to shut my mouth, not because they shared my concern about the issue. Heck, they didn't even aknowledged I have an issue since I reported it immediately after I bought the bike 14 months ago. My first season experience is quite ruined by this, 'cause the bike spent like 3 months at the dealership (not just because of this issue, had more problems, most of them were known and sooner or later fixed, things like indicator malfunction, flawed heatshield etc.), but this one and the most concerning issue I have was there for the whole time, never recognized by them and actually when I tried to apply warranty claim for it, they declined with a statement that the bike does not manifest any odd behaviour. And that was without any measuring effort or any proof that the bike is ok.
So I guess it is understandable that I'm angry with them too now... Same argument as you said, I haven't bought 30G flagship bike to struggle from issue to issue and even face this "we can't analyze it so it must be ok" behaviour....

I'm of course angry mostly with Triumph, as you do. However, my dealer tried some things, can't deny that, but those were things I suggested myself and they just did it to shut my mouth, not because they shared my concern about the issue. Heck, they didn't even aknowledged I have an issue since I reported it immediately after I bought the bike 14 months ago. My first season experience is quite ruined by this, 'cause the bike spent like 3 months at the dealership (not just because of this issue, had more problems, most of them were known and sooner or later fixed, things like indicator malfunction, flawed heatshield etc.), but this one and the most concerning issue I have was there for the whole time, never recognized by them and actually when I tried to apply warranty claim for it, they declined with a statement that the bike does not manifest any odd behaviour. And that was without any measuring effort or any proof that the bike is ok.
So I guess it is understandable that I'm angry with them too now... Same argument as you said, I haven't bought 30G flagship bike to struggle from issue to issue and even face this "we can't analyze it so it must be ok" behaviour....
Yes I feel your pain. I've been lucky that my dealership takes my issues seriously, but also works with triumph to find answers. Having said that though, it's of little comfort the problems that surface with what is supposed to be a premium motorcycle. If this current electrical issue drags on, it will make getting rid of it an easy choice, although an expensive financial loss...

My dealer called to say my Rocket was ready. So I made a special 4 hr round trip just to go test ride it before committing to bring it home. Seems to be fixed for now on my test ride. Service manager said all they did was download the newest software. Hmmm, really. Guess I'll head back and bring it home today and see if it can hold up to a 60 year old rider without more of the same issues. Patience grasshopper.

patience_grasshopper.jpg

Yes I feel your pain. I've been lucky that my dealership takes my issues seriously, but also works with triumph to find answers. Having said that though, it's of little comfort the problems that surface with what is supposed to be a premium motorcycle. If this current electrical issue drags on, it will make getting rid of it an easy choice, although an expensive financial loss...
Yeah, that's the second reason why selling the bike is the last option for me, the financial loss. To be honest, in my country, price of the bike is much higher in comparison to the average income than in most other countries (prize is over 600G in our currency, which can be quite a hint for you), so even bigger loss for me most probably.

There's two ways of doing business
1st u can keep putting him off and making him wait for parts or postponing till he gets pissed off
2nd you can tell him how soon can you bring in the bike. Right away you have a happy customer. So you move that customer to the front of the line and you put your best mechanic to find the problem.
In most of triumphs problems can be fixed in one or two hours maybe sooner if you are prepared.
Ok you can not find a decent mechanic whose fault is that good mechanics is hard to find.
It is a great bike and you shouldn't put it down because of poor mechanics and dealers.
Just my opinion

There's two ways of doing business
1st u can keep putting him off and making him wait for parts or postponing till he gets pissed off
2nd you can tell him how soon can you bring in the bike. Right away you have a happy customer. So you move that customer to the front of the line and you put your best mechanic to find the problem.
In most of triumphs problems can be fixed in one or two hours maybe sooner if you are prepared.
Ok you can not find a decent mechanic whose fault is that good mechanics is hard to find.
It is a great bike and you shouldn't put it down because of poor mechanics and dealers.
Just my opinion
You're right about that, sure thing.

I would just add that not even Triumph itself didn't bothered to respond, when I contacted them with a description of my issue, so not entirely a dealer/mechanic fault I guess. From what I heard, dealerships are not paid by Triumph for after-sales warranty work. If that's true, I kinda understand their will to do so is minimal, you know? That's not correct of course, they get their provision by selling the bike of course...

My dealer called to say my Rocket was ready. So I made a special 4 hr round trip just to go test ride it before committing to bring it home. Seems to be fixed for now on my test ride. Service manager said all they did was download the newest software. Hmmm, really. Guess I'll head back and bring it home today and see if it can hold up to a 60 year old rider without more of the same issues. Patience grasshopper.

patience_grasshopper.jpg
Yep I'm as patient as can be expected when the bike can't even start. I'm patient with the dealer as they are patient with me. We always have had a good relationship.

Back