Tune boy questions. Help needed

tabledrain

.040 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
Guys,
I need some aqdvice and help..I am going to put a set of Staintune mufflers on my R3T. The Triumph shop are recommending that I use a Power Commander at a cost of $750.00... I gather this is an add on equipment job.
What I need to know is this. Can a Tuneboy adjust my tune with out changing any components? IS there a shop on the east coast of australia that can do the updated tune, or is there someone on this list that can help me load atune off their tuneboy? I don't really want to buy a tuneboy for one use, I'd rather pay somebody for their help.. I live between Beenleigh and tamborine for those in the SE QLD area who may be able to help.
PM me please if you can help.
Thanks guys.
tabledrain

I apologize for not being up on my Aussie geography but you do know that Wayne, who makes Tuneboy is from Australia right? Now I've heard that its a rather large Country and that he might not live in your neighborhood, but I did hear of one of the guys here running into him at his local Triumph shop.

Drop him an email and see if he can help you out. For what its worth, I think its a good investment. For some reason I keep changing things on the R3T and subsequently I've loaded a few different tunes. You'll love how the bike responds.

Tuneboy is the way to go...

It won't be one use, try doing something electrical on the bike and then have the bloody ECU error light on. Without a Tuneboy you will have to drive to a dealer to reset the error.

Mine has saved me plenty of petrol in that regard.

Thankyou all for your input. Red horse, I gave skip's a ring and they can do it for me aswell as dyno it for a good price. Now all I have to do is get off this rig and get home to take it in!! :lol: Cheers fellas, thanks. tabledrain.

Back