TTS SuperCharger Report

As if I'm qualified to question your advice on tech stuff:eek:

Sam's eager to see the results but it's an expensive experiment.

I doubt I will get bored with Richard's as is.

paul,
borrow tom's , leighs or jollys and try it.. :D i have no idea what is "optimal" for a sc motor. i'll talk to the burns guys and see what they say. by expansion chamber i assume hombre means using a reverse mega cone. my experience with expantion chambers was with 2 stroke dirt bikes so again i dont know. i would say if richard lost 20 hp with zards and im sure he has tested both stock exhaust and jars (gag) he would have some idea on the effect of the exhaust and the sc and what is optimal. gotta say if i picked up 30 odd percent with normal bike i would be real interested to see what these would do.
it sucks you guys are so expensive to ship to. if you were here in the states id send you a set to demo.

Sam,
Thanks for the idea. I'll see if someone will lend me a set so Richard can see what the results are. Tom's probably the nearest to TTS I think, but he may be reluctant to get the spanners out.:)
Exchange rate isn't too bad at the moment, as you say, the shipping costs are the killer. I think Leigh's coming over to Lake Tohoe in July so if we can get something sorted by then maybee he could bring them back for me. I could offer to split what Leigh has had to pay to get his in if he gets mine across cheaper. I've no doubt Richard would be interested in the results. Being as shallow as I am means the Preds are almost worth it for the aesthetics alone!:) They really are soooo much better than standard log.

Doug at ARC writes:

"Reverse Cone Megaphones have the effect of broadening your power curve. The main cone section augments peak power, while the reverse cone, or return wave baffle, tends to extend and smooth the horsepower curve, while increasing torque. In some applications amazing HP gains can be realized. Available in many tuned sizes to suit your requirements. Dollar for dollar, Reverse Cone Megaphones are one of the most cost effective methods of increasing power and adding style to your bike."

Burns Stainless makes reverse cone megaphones too ("maximum peak HP and power bandwidth"). In fact they have an updated design used to meet current NHRA 95 db specs, which kicks Supertrapp's ass. :confused:

hombre, as the folks at burns will tell you i know them quite well. they are about 10 minutes from me and i see them about once a week, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. as they will tell you i have tried quite the number of variables. at this point i am not introducing another one. ill continue to do exhaust performance development on the r3 in the future but at this point id like to get my trans fixed and actually ride it. :)

Sam

Are you still making tunes for Preds without a "torque thingy" on your dyno to adjust ignition timing? :rolleyes:

But I love my Predators :)

Hello all,
I am one week away, from ordering the Supercharger kit from TTS, and I have all the details sorted with Richard.
Now I read here, that my predators, will perform worse than the OEM pipes from Triumph, shall I cansell my order.
I don´t think that sam ( travelguy) will produce all these kits, and sell them, if they dident work perfect, he is not commercially involved in the process, he just helps out some bike-riding friends, to get some nice performance parts/upgrades for their bikes.:)
I have not forgotten you sam, I will contact you a.s.a.p.
Have anybody tryed the Predators with Supercharger, so that we
can compare one system to another e.g. Zards,OEM, Jardines,Staintune etc.etc
thank you
jan

walt
it's too bad mummy and daddy didnt pay enough attention to you, but really get over yourself :rolleyes:

A kindergarten response to a technical question... or just a way of avoiding an answer?

Torque comes from cylinder pressure, and ignition timing has a profound effect on that pressure. Someone serious about "exhaust performance development" for the R3 should know that by now.

So how did your Preds do on a supercharged R3? I think you'll find ignition timing important for boosting SC power.

Back