Trailered it Yet?

Trailered the 3R recently. Soft straps around the bottom triple tree, cinch tied a climbing runner (webbing loop) to the pivot of each foot peg and compression straps to those, and finally a strap over the bottom of the rear rim.

I recently bought a strapping system from Amazon designed to go on top of the rear wheel, but of course it was too small.

The straps on the rider's foot pegs (or passenger pegs ala @turbotom1052 - will look at that next time) are the ticket.

Thanks for all the ideas. Drive up to Wichita was a breeze. I know tomorrow will be a longer day getting back to Houston. Dealership agreed to keep the trailer secure overnight, so it’ll be ready to load first thing tomorrow. Bike looked great, I‘m a very happy new R3 owner.

Thanks for all the ideas. Drive up to Wichita was a breeze. I know tomorrow will be a longer day getting back to Houston. Dealership agreed to keep the trailer secure overnight, so it’ll be ready to load first thing tomorrow. Bike looked great, I‘m a very happy new R3 owner.
Looking forward to photos and about all the bugs you caught on your first ride with your Huge Grin! :thumbsup:
-MIG

Mine has seen a lot of trailer time of late. I've realized the rear end wants to bounce around quite a bit. Tried going over the tire usually comes off. I've started going through the wheel and cinching it down tightly with a micro fiber towel under the strap. The front is in a chock with another strap through the wheel and soft ties to the fork tubes above the lower tree. Cinch the trees down to the point you can shake the trailer without loosening those straps. Side stand up and rear suspension floats. Check everything after a few miles. Something usually needs to be retightened.

Mine has seen a lot of trailer time of late. I've realized the rear end wants to bounce around quite a bit. Tried going over the tire usually comes off. I've started going through the wheel and cinching it down tightly with a micro fiber towel under the strap. The front is in a chock with another strap through the wheel and soft ties to the fork tubes above the lower tree. Cinch the trees down to the point you can shake the trailer without loosening those straps. Side stand up and rear suspension floats. Check everything after a few miles. Something usually needs to be retightened.

try going over wheel then thru the wheel again over the top
(wrap around the wheel)

try going over wheel then thru the wheel again over the top
(wrap around the wheel)
You'd think huh? The problem was the wheel would turn to loosen the strap unless it was on the very bottom. Even tried leaving it in gear and it would still turn enough to loosen the strap.

You'd think huh? The problem was the wheel would turn to loosen the strap unless it was on the very bottom. Even tried leaving it in gear and it would still turn enough to loosen the strap.
i don't guarantee that but worth a try

Back