Trailer hitches...

Dear Chip - still have any hitches? I've got a Roadster, not a Touring. I'm assuming that the fit wouldn't work, but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!
Ken

Funny thing is, I had it so long, I don't remember which parts are part of the bike, and which go with the hitch. I think there was a strut that went across that I no longer have, I'll have to look at a parts fiche. The hitch I think replaced a strut that went side to side to keep bags from sagging, but I'm pretty sure the hitch is Touring specific.
20230218_182319.jpg

20230218_181841.jpg

Ssw2Dear Chip - still have any hitches? I've got a Roadster, not a Touring. I'm assuming that the fit wouldn't work, but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks!
Ken
You are right. The Touring from 2008 to 201? Are the same hitch specification. The others are totally different. I still have a Touring hitch in my shop (I think). The one you need is better built from aftermarket suppliers. I don’t have a plasma cutter, so I leave the other models alone.

I should have looked at this thread earlier... just ordered a hitch out of Canada from Trailers Etc. cost me $249.00 US shipped. Will post an update when I receive it for my 2008 R3T I just got.... Ride fast all!

I should have looked at this thread earlier... just ordered a hitch out of Canada from Trailers Etc. cost me $249.00 US shipped. Will post an update when I receive it for my 2008 R3T I just got.... Ride fast all! I’m sure your hitch will work just fine. Please post a picture when you get it. Thanks.

Chip, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Not sure I could convince my wife to make the ride for you to install it, but with pictures of what it looks like installed, I'm capable. I would sign whatever waiver you need and happily pay shipping. I'm fairly certain I could fab it with my little welder, but I'm not confident that my metallurgical skills would stand up to the abuse the way that yours will. If you're still willing and able to do this, let me know what you need. I have a 2006 R3 Classic, which has a wider frame at the rear, I believe, than the R3T, so as to accommodate the wider rear tire.

Kind regards,
Chip... did you ever build these? I would like one. Thanks

Back