Trailer hitches...

Chip, I would buy that in a heartbeat. Not sure I could convince my wife to make the ride for you to install it, but with pictures of what it looks like installed, I'm capable. I would sign whatever waiver you need and happily pay shipping. I'm fairly certain I could fab it with my little welder, but I'm not confident that my metallurgical skills would stand up to the abuse the way that yours will. If you're still willing and able to do this, let me know what you need. I have a 2006 R3 Classic, which has a wider frame at the rear, I believe, than the R3T, so as to accommodate the wider rear tire.

Kind regards,
Also, mine has the Jardines. That seems to make a difference vs. stock exhaust when looking at other threads. I can send photos and take measurements, if need be.

I think that for my planning, I will fabricate 6 hitches. All will be interchangeable for the TR3T, 2300cc motorcycle. I’ll have a limited liability clause in each sale. I’m going to charge $175.00 each. Shipping costs will be the responsibility of the customer. O.K., that takes care of the crap part. Anyone who disagrees give me a private memo. The money part means close to nothing. So many of our members have helped me on issues, I hate to even charge. Those of you, please understand if a price isn’t listed, it becomes impossible to keep everything on the straight and narrow. I priced out the materials and had to check the prices 3 times. The local metal dealer, ALRO, said this business has costs double in the last few months. Crazy.
One last twist. If you Capt.‘s want a trip, ride your bike to my place, have a beverage on me and I’ll install your trailer hitch for free Labor.

Labour is free but looks like you have to bring the beers😉

I havent been to Chips but I believe he has a massive man cave and beers would be a prerequisite in Michigan, i went to sparkys one time in Michigan, trust me he had the beers ok
O.K. Time for a Social Studies review. I live close to Kalamazoo MI. Oberon is brewed here. I heard we e considered the beer Meca of Michigan. That said, I personally don’t drink. I was a close to being a
Labour is free but looks like you have to bring the beers😉

professional years ago. My wife and grown children do. I have no less than four (4) refrigerators with beverages. If anyone stops over to our home, I assure you, politeness and partaking of beverages are a given. Oh I forgot. We have a full bar in our family room. Most liquor is available. We also have a nice choice of wine.

No charge for being friendly.

O.K. Time for a Social Studies review. I live close to Kalamazoo MI. Oberon is brewed here. I heard we e considered the beer Meca of Michigan. That said, I personally don’t drink. I was a close to being a

professional years ago. My wife and grown children do. I have no less than four (4) refrigerators with beverages. If anyone stops over to our home, I assure you, politeness and partaking of beverages are a given. Oh I forgot. We have a full bar in our family room. Most liquor is available. We also have a nice choice of wine.

No charge for being friendly.
That's a bit of a jaunt from Arizona, but I rode mine from Seattle to here when I bought it. Sounds like a good opportunity for an Iron Butt. Also, my last name is Redwine, so that's a given. 😁🤷‍♂️

Seriously, though, I can send you the $175 up front. If you need time to fab because mine is a Classic and not a Touring, no worries. I'd rather support this community, if possible.

That's a bit of a jaunt from Arizona, but I rode mine from Seattle to here when I bought it. Sounds like a good opportunity for an Iron Butt. Also, my last name is Redwine, so that's a given. 😁🤷‍♂️

Seriously, though, I can send you the $175 up front. If you need time to fab because mine is a Classic and not a Touring, no worries. I'd rather support this community, if possible.
Let me do some checking. What I see by the repair manual of the cruisers, the attachment would be totally different. Not impossible or even difficult, but the fabrication and materials are not the same as the Touring.

Chip:

You mentioned that the hitch would use the bracket to which the exhaust slip-ons bolt. My R3T has Zard exhaust, so no mufflers running back under the bags. The brackets that the saddle bags sit on are there. Will your hitch work on my bike?

Chip:

You mentioned that the hitch would use the bracket to which the exhaust slip-ons bolt. My R3T has Zard exhaust, so no mufflers running back under the bags. The brackets that the saddle bags sit on are there. Will your hitch work on my bike?
Underneath your panniers are factory bracket made out of thick wall tubing. The TORS or stock slip on mufflers were bolted to the pannier bracket with two (2) bolts that screwed into the bracket welded on the mufflers. I see no reason to have removed the muffler brackets. You will have to look.

Back