Thanks for clear and logical answers.
Mel - it's my pleasure. It's a dead cinch to calibrate a revcounter as a speedo - or reverse. And doing so with a programmable shift light is really fun. OK - I have an odd interpretation of "fun".

These days it is the ECU that knows and tells EVERYTHING. Esp if it's CAN-BUS - Basically one computer - many displays.

@Dr.D I know what you mean about blurry at speed. I took my VMAX to 156 (as measured by the GPS) and it was tough to hang on. The main difference is, on the first gen VMAX, there is a significant headshake around 135. Holding the throttle open to get past it was counter intuitive for me. I did it once and glad to know; but have only hit 120 on Brahma and not sure I want to go any faster.

You did 156 on the old VMAX? :eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did it try to kill you? Around here, they used to have the swingarm done to do more than 120 on it. It really needs balls to do that.

Are the new bikes speed limited? I heard they were electronically limited to 135 mph. I saw 139 on the digital speedometer the other day and wondered if was really limited? I also would like to know if the TFC, which I have, is any different from the other two models.

Has anybody run theirs flat out to discover indicated top speed?

Mine (Rocket 3 R) is running 235 km/h in fifth gear and 236 km/h in sixth.
The last one seems to be an overdrive.

Both speeds were taken sitting upright.
Since I don't want to have a racing and" wannebe fast" driver position on my Rocket I won't go faster .o)

Warm regards
Sven

Mine (Rocket 3 R) is running 235 km/h in fifth gear and 236 km/h in sixth.
The last one seems to be an overdrive.

Both speeds were taken sitting upright.
Since I don't want to have a racing and" wannebe fast" driver position on my Rocket I won't go faster .o)

Warm regards
Sven
Nearly forgot: In sixth gear it looks like the revs cutted at 6.000.

I got used to ride my Hayabusa up to 314 km/h (195 mph) so that should be doable if the tech delivers.

Warm regards
Sven

Nearly forgot: In sixth gear it looks like the revs cutted at 6.000.

I got used to ride my Hayabusa up to 314 km/h (195 mph) so that should be doable if the tech delivers.

Warm regards
Sven

So is that 236kph at 6000rpm?

Back