To Foley and back

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
As requested by Kmutt I thought I'd tell about my first long ride (at least in the last six months anyway) yesterday.

This was a Triumph Rat ride and for once it was an all Triumph ride. We had 10 bikes make the trip and we went to the Mellow Mushroom over in Foley, AL on Hwy 59 just south of Hwy 98. We left around 3:45, had three couples make the ride and as far as Rockets go we had one R3T and Baggage1's Rocket and mine.

It was kind of a short ride...only about 40 miles or so but we did cross a state line and it was a two lane road for the most part. For me it was nice and relaxing, despite my Rocket's long lay up it performed great, I really enjoyed the ride it definitely was what I needed to do after being off of it for so long. We were headed into the setting sun but my HJC helmet had the flip down sun visor so I wasn't bothered at all. I left right after eating and rode back in the dark, but it was still a great ride back into Florida. I savored every mile I rode and every car I passed.

I noticed Baggage1's car tire on the back of his Rocket and it looked really good. After all the flats that he has experienced I'm sure he likes his tire and enjoys being on the dark side. As for me I will/may try the Avon's next but at just a little over 8,000 miles on my Metzler (and a pretty decent amount of tread left) it may be awhile before I have to do it as I only have another six days of riding left.

But once I get back in Afghanistan I will have a good memory of this ride and the next week of riding as well, along with my wife and family...it is one of the things I miss most by working over there. So I'll repeat what I have often said before, enjoy your riding time as much as you can it is something I definitely envy you guys for.

Dennis

Last edited:
It was good to see Molinoman again. He was sporting a mustache and was a bit thinner than the last time I saw him. Missed Scot in Exile on this run but had a good turn out and some new riders. A variety of Triumphs as well to show the off the diversity of the marque. A good ride and the weather cooperated with holding off of the wet stuff.

Yeah, I kind of missed putting my "wet riding" techniques to work this time out...must have been because I was not leading it.
Dennis

Very nice M!!!! Thank You!
I know you envy us when your over there but let me tell you, with the weather weve had in the north I certainly am envious of you now and your ability to ride.
Enjoy the next six and keep on savoring every mile!!!!:D

mutt

..glad ya got a good ride in..thanks for the post and the pics..I don't know what you do in Afghanistan, but good luck to ya and stay safe over there..Bud

Back