The dozen motorcycles that I would have taken home from the auction

How dare you! I thought for sure you were going to buy the Yamaha Midnight Special 850 for $34K if not for you then for me. For it to not make your list is inexcusable although you did have a few fantastic bikes on your 'wish' list. I really liked the 1975 Triumph Trident. Sweet. Cheers and thanks for the cool video.:thumbsup:

How dare you! I thought for sure you were going to buy the Yamaha Midnight Special 850 for $34K if not for you then for me. For it to not make your list is inexcusable although you did have a few fantastic bikes on your 'wish' list. I really liked the 1975 Triumph Trident. Sweet. Cheers and thanks for the cool video.:thumbsup:
If had the quarter million I'd would have bought that Yamaha Midnight Special and let you run it through it's paces.

If had the quarter million I'd would have bought that Yamaha Midnight Special and let you run it through it's paces.
If I was rich I would ride it over to San Ramon Ca (east bay area) and give it to my buddy that owned the 850. He stopped riding about 30 years ago but I'm betting that 850 would change his mind. He rode to work from Concord to Modesto a total of 140 miles round trip rain or shine using the back roads for 3 years in the early 80's on the 850. Wow!

If I was rich I would ride it over to San Ramon Ca (east bay area) and give it to my buddy that owned the 850. He stopped riding about 30 years ago but I'm betting that 850 would change his mind. He rode to work from Concord to Modesto a total of 140 miles round trip rain or shine using the back roads for 3 years in the early 80's on the 850. Wow!
Sounds like a great friend.

A guy here locally has a 79 Honda CBX up for sale for less than the one sold at Mecum's:
There were five or six other CBX at the auction for far less money too. This one was very well documented restoration and it had a beautiful six into six exhaust systems which I guess made it more special to me.

Back in the day when we were young we didn't of course have cell phones and all of the games and media sites to keep us entertained and dumbed down. Just the sight or smell of a motorcycle, mini bike or car would pump up the adrenaline and leave lasting memories. Most of the kids today are using EV scooters and not because they are fun, which I'm sure they are but because they get them to school and they don't have to walk. No PE during school and no one walks to school anymore. Don't get me started!:mad:

Wowzers man, what a cool group of machines. That Hurricane moved me right off the bat. I do love watching the video and absolutely love seeing these older bikes in person whenever I get the chance.
Did you come home with anything other than the video?
Just enough money to visit the candy store and see, touch and smell.

Back