RADEMIS

Supercharged
I have the tall, full sized triumph windshield on my rocket. my question to anyone else that has the same windshield is this. Will it withstand the high speed that the rocket is capable of reaching without causing adverse reaction into the steering? That is the biggest reason I have held back on my top end riding. My last bike was a yamaha venture royale, the big full dressed boat, and it got real crazy to handle at high speed because of wind turbulance. Thanks for any input.

I've had mine over 110 MPH with the Roadster screen several times with no problems. I've almost always rode without a wind screen. When I first put the Roadster screen on, I accidentally hit that speed because the lack of wind noise caused me to mis-judge my speed!.. hahaha

Rode mine with the tall windsheild hard to Sturgis this year and would have had a difficult time passing semi's at 85mph without it. Very stable at high speeds. Problem for me is crosswinds. A pretty dense and high bike that does not let alot of crosswind through.

High speed windscreen

I too have the tall screen and the lowers and on the way back from Traverse City on U.S. 23 south between Milan, Mi and Dundee, Mi I ran mine to the ignition limiter in 5th (eating a V-Rod) that got frisky. I believe that's around 140 or so and the windshield didn't even quiver nor did the lowers. I did however. Next exit I had to get off and use the mens room.:D

I have this thing for terminal velocity whether it's a farm tractor, snowmobile, bike or my lawn mower. When exploring terminal velocity on a public road you have to keep an eagle eye out for Barney Fife.

I'm exhibiting diligence in not getting a full power tune installed though I'd like to do a radar run and see what she'd do on top end. I'd imagine that the limiting factor with a full power tune would be the windshield. I know 140+ is obtainable but do get an additional 30 and squaring the wind resistance factor makes it non practical with a windshield installed. I can't imagine hitting a bee or horsefly or any bug at 170 without a windshield. It would be tantamount to a big sucker punch right in the kisser.

Last edited:
Clearview Shield

I moved from the Triumph Touring shield to the Clearview. I sit tall in the saddle and got the GT-25 which is 5 inches higher than the OEM. When ordering you can ask them to install an adjustable vent in the shield with several positions that sure makes summer more bearable.

I've coaxed the beast up in the 135 mph realm and I do not have a single complaint. Of course at that speed you hopefully won't be doing a lot of steering. I attribute some of the stability to the lower air deflectors.

PianoMan said:
I moved from the Triumph Touring shield to the Clearview. I sit tall in the saddle and got the GT-25 which is 5 inches higher than the OEM. When ordering you can ask them to install an adjustable vent in the shield with several positions that sure makes summer more bearable.

I've coaxed the beast up in the 135 mph realm and I do not have a single complaint. Of course at that speed you hopefully won't be doing a lot of steering. I attribute some of the stability to the lower air deflectors.

I have the same rig as Pianoman except for the fancy pants adjustable vent(that I wish now I had). I agree the LAD's aid in stability and really like my set-up. Very smooth at high speed. A 700+ lb bike helps in the stability department as well.:)

Back