Surging @3000rpm

low tension leads.jpg

Number two coil showing the two low tendion leads that the female spade connectors get loose and sloppy as stated by the scientist above. You can trust his judgement:)
Appreciate that Warp you helped a lot in the past and, Today I checked the tps which is a new 1 for what it's worth and it showed 0.66 and the stepper was 76 I've reset them and will give it a run tmrw just stayed at home today pissing the neibours off with the rocket symphony I will also give those coils a look for sure

Appreciate that Warp you helped a lot in the past and, Today I checked the tps which is a new 1 for what it's worth and it showed 0.66 and the stepper was 76 I've reset them and will give it a run tmrw just stayed at home today pissing the neibours off with the rocket symphony I will also give those coils a look for sure
phfff all afternoon I've fiddled away setting the tps and stepper respectively from cold done the reset adaption and then the 12 min tickover everytime I recheck when the motor has run keeps coming up up TPS 0.66 stepper 0.77 is it because the engine is hot cheers I will be fixing it in my sleep otherwise

phfff all afternoon I've fiddled away setting the tps and stepper respectively from cold done the reset adaption and then the 12 min tickover everytime I recheck when the motor has run keeps coming up up TPS 0.66 stepper 0.77 is it because the engine is hot cheers I will be fixing it in my sleep otherwise

Gday and hope this helps.

Your in Thailand? bet there wont be any dealer help over there? and no other forum members locally to help.

Looks like you need to get that value between the TPS and Stepper sorted.

Not sure if this will work but this is how I would start with this.

Clean down and lubricate the stepper motor assembly, then back off the stepper nut quite a bit (7mm nut).
Next I would spend time on getting the TPS sorted and set to the 0.60v (make sure its installed properly and you are not over-tightening it when locking it up too)Then try adjusting the stepper to anything over (but no too high) the 0.72V, up to 0.75 should be fine). If the TPS is worn making the "band" a bit wider often helps IME.
I would not do the reset adaption.

I still have my original TPS from 2005 and it still operates but I have constantly tweaked it over they years but it is getting to the end of its life.

Gday and hope this helps.

Your in Thailand? bet there wont be any dealer help over there? and no other forum members locally to help.

Looks like you need to get that value between the TPS and Stepper sorted.

Not sure if this will work but this is how I would start with this.

Clean down and lubricate the stepper motor assembly, then back off the stepper nut quite a bit (7mm nut).
Next I would spend time on getting the TPS sorted and set to the 0.60v (make sure its installed properly and you are not over-tightening it when locking it up too)Then try adjusting the stepper to anything over (but no too high) the 0.72V, up to 0.75 should be fine). If the TPS is worn making the "band" a bit wider often helps IME.
I would not do the reset adaption.

I still have my original TPS from 2005 and it still operates but I have constantly tweaked it over they years but it is getting to the end of its life.
Hello Pal thanks for the reply,

Im the land of smiles yes, no support here at all and only a handful of rockets across the country, though I had it mot tested and taxed with government insurance for the year at a cost of 76nzd all in last wk! so I guess it has its upside,providing you can get it up and running lol after reading your reply the penny dropped on zeroing the stepper back and worked a treat guess I'd tried to many times and sent it out of whack, it runs sweet thanks, its a new tps but I've not ridden it for a over a year!!
I have a few friends in NZ one has a rocket and we all done the South Island I borrowed a vtech bike a friend built, great place nice folks like yourself today was kind

Hello Pal thanks for the reply,

Im the land of smiles yes, no support here at all and only a handful of rockets across the country, though I had it mot tested and taxed with government insurance for the year at a cost of 76nzd all in last wk! so I guess it has its upside,providing you can get it up and running lol after reading your reply the penny dropped on zeroing the stepper back and worked a treat guess I'd tried to many times and sent it out of whack, it runs sweet thanks, its a new tps but I've not ridden it for a over a year!!
I have a few friends in NZ one has a rocket and we all done the South Island I borrowed a vtech bike a friend built, great place nice folks like yourself today was kind

Glad to be of help, I've got in myself in this situation a few times is all.

This site is a truly great resource

Back