Sunday's Ride to Fort Scott Kansas

Toystoretom

Living Legend
Once again... we are going to get up at the crack of dawn and ride halfway across the Midwest to get lunch.....

Fort Scott is known world wide for its giant man eating woodchucks and also has the world's smallest water tower. I'll be sure and take plenty of pics.

http://www.englemotors.com/miscpage_001.asp

Actually... it will be fun, if any of you locals can join in, please do!!

Toystoretom said:
Once again... we are going to get up at the crack of dawn and ride halfway across the Midwest to get lunch.....

Fort Scott is known world wide for its giant man eating woodchucks and also has the world's smallest water tower. I'll be sure and take plenty of pics.

http://www.englemotors.com/miscpage_001.asp

Actually... it will be fun, if any of you locals can join in, please do!!

Tom, if you haven't already left where's the midpoint stop or lunch going to be? No way can I make to Engle by 9:30 but I'm going for a ride today for sure and might meet up with y'all...
Swanee

Oh Oh Swanee... The ride is on Sunday April 23rd... I don't know where we will be stopping for lunch, if you would like to PM me a cell phone number we could hook up in Fort Scott....

Yep I was half asleep when I read that...

THANKS I am awake now and it sunk in the ride *is* Sunday however I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Though I woulda been too late to make it if y'all had been going today I DID manage to get in a decent ride though didn't see a single Triumph on the road--actually that's unusual. Decided to head down in that same general direction anyway, seeing as how it's as good as any and I wanted to time how long it takes to get to Beto Junction (about 50 minutes from where I am in Topeka).

Hope to see ya in Cassoday May 7--could you make that a sticky please...

Last edited:
It be stuck..... Do you have any idea how long it takes to get to Cassoday from Beto junction? I've never ridden from the KC area to Beto Junction but I would guess 90 minutes or so from I 435 and Metcalf. If we left there by 6:15 or 6:30 we should be able to hook up with you by around 8 AM...

Toystoretom said:
It be stuck..... Do you have any idea how long it takes to get to Cassoday from Beto junction? I've never ridden from the KC area to Beto Junction but I would guess 90 minutes or so from I 435 and Metcalf. If we left there by 6:15 or 6:30 we should be able to hook up with you by around 8 AM...

IF we take the "fast" route it's about 60 miles via interstate/turnpike which on Sunday morning should take maybe 30 minutes via Rocket ;) no seriously Cassoday is an easy hour from Beto even at stay-out-of-jail speeds. But we'll take a poll of whoever shows up and if most would rather take the "scenic 177" route down, that's adds a half hour or so.

Myself I'd rather get to Cassoday before it gets too terribly crowded and then do scenic heading back, but I'm flexible. (Getting there late means bring a kickstand shingle cuz you might be parking on pasture if it's a really big turnout).

Back