Suggestions Very Welcome

Glad to be able to help. The forum provides a wealth of information and some fine folks who will provide excellent advice.

On the mirrors, they came off of a Harley Super Glide and are readily available from aftermarket vendors. You must get the bushings to mount them though.

Triumph Mirror Adapter Bushings

The headlight hoods are standard Harley stuff.

The exhaust in the above pic is a Jardine, which I foolishly sold because it seemed too loud for me. I then put on Triumph TORs. The black is high temp 1200 deg powder coating which didn't work out, having to be redone.

I took the radiator shroud to a local shop and it's standard auto paint. I then got the stencil kit from Purple Harley.
Motorcycle Decals,motorcycle decals

I don't have a good pic of the fly screen but in the kit was one that looked like a Rocket so it went on my fly screen. The other pieces went on the radiator shrouds.

Rocket with Fly Screen.jpg

Wow, quite the Transformer machine.......all great looks. By the way can I use the same standard type bike lift that I use on my Harley in the same way on the Rocket? The Harley has frame tubes that are below the bottom of the engine and the bike's frame tubes rest on the lift. On the Rocket I don't see any framework under the engine....... so can the bottom of the engine rest directly on the lift?

Thanks,

VR

Hi mate , welcome to the world of Rocket and the special people that own them from little England .
I believe another Brit here has started making some 2inch engine bars ? If I am not mistaken , they will definitely be well made and far cheaper than any Triumph ones you may find .
Just pm member @chandelierman . :thumbsup:

Hi mate , welcome to the world of Rocket and the special people that own them from little England .
I believe another Brit here has started making some 2inch engine bars ? If I am not mistaken , they will definitely be well made and far cheaper than any Triumph ones you may find .
Just pm member @chandelierman . :thumbsup:

Thanks for info. Wife and I have visited England several times, love it. Dad flew B-17 bombers from Poddington(sp?) air base during WWII, near Lakenheath. Runways now used by the locals as drag strips.

Wow, quite the Transformer machine.......all great looks. By the way can I use the same standard type bike lift that I use on my Harley in the same way on the Rocket? The Harley has frame tubes that are below the bottom of the engine and the bike's frame tubes rest on the lift. On the Rocket I don't see any framework under the engine....... so can the bottom of the engine rest directly on the lift?

Thanks,

VR
You must use care when lifting your Rocket. Yes you can use your regular lift but should not put pressure on the engine. As visible in the second photo just under and to the back of the floorboard you will see a hole. Early on I used lifting brackets, one in each hole on either side. They are difficult to explain and I have no pictures. A friend of one of our members, Mexican, sent me a set. Each consists of a horizontal pin that goes through the hole and is welded to a "foot" for want of a better term. One of our members alerted me to the permanent Jack-Be-Quick lifting bracket that is permanently affixed and protects the engine from a jack. I got one for my touring and it is a great piece of kit, well made and a perfect fit.

If you look at the rotating pics in the link one of them has a blue scissor jack under a Rocket. That is all you need to lift the Rocket and is what I used on my Classic and now on my Touring. It is a near perfect balance point for the Classics/Standards/Roadsters. The owner is very responsive to email queries.

Jack-Be-Quick | JBQ Rocket III / R3 Lifting Bracket

You must use care when lifting your Rocket. Yes you can use your regular lift but should not put pressure on the engine. As visible in the second photo just under and to the back of the floorboard you will see a hole. Early on I used lifting brackets, one in each hole on either side. They are difficult to explain and I have no pictures. A friend of one of our members, Mexican, sent me a set. Each consists of a horizontal pin that goes through the hole and is welded to a "foot" for want of a better term. One of our members alerted me to the permanent Jack-Be-Quick lifting bracket that is permanently affixed and protects the engine from a jack. I got one for my touring and it is a great piece of kit, well made and a perfect fit.

If you look at the rotating pics in the link one of them has a blue scissor jack under a Rocket. That is all you need to lift the Rocket and is what I used on my Classic and now on my Touring. It is a near perfect balance point for the Classics/Standards/Roadsters. The owner is very responsive to email queries.

Jack-Be-Quick | JBQ Rocket III / R3 Lifting Bracket

Thank you! Great info. This reminds me of the special jig I needed to buy to raise my 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate. It was a big clunky thing made from square tubular steel that bolted to the bottom of the 6 cyl. engine. Then I could slide my cheap Sam's Club lift under the engine. It did the job but was a hassle. The JBQ gizmo looks far more usable and can be left on with no significant weight increase from the looks of it. Thanks........I keep finding things that I encounter that my, 'eBay .pdf download owner's manual' doesn't answer because it is for a Touring model and not the Classic.......on the Touring the button is for "scrolling".......I can't see what it does on the Classic model.......it does not seem to do anything on my bike.....unless it is broken....?????

Thanks again,

VR
Escondido, CA

I'm not sure what you mean by "the button is for scrolling". What button do you refer to?

I'd get the correct PDF manual.

Triumph recommended Mobile 1 when I bought mine and it was sold at the Triumph shops. I believe they then partnered with Castrol. I get the M1 for bikes at O'Reilly's Auto Parts.
I've used Mobil One for V-Twins in my Harley for 10 years. Which Mobil One do I need for the Rocket? Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by "the button is for scrolling". What button do you refer to?

I'd get the correct PDF manual.

It is above the starter button on the right side handle bar, it is a black button but on my bike it does not click or move very much. On the Touring model this button is used to "scroll" information in the digital window. My digital window only shows the bike's mileage.....should I be able to scroll to other information in that window?

PS Just looked at the gauge on my bars.....it is the speedo, one of the 4 gauges on my bike. On the speedo is what is to me a window that has digital type numbers.....mine is just showing the bike mileage. should I be able to see other information in that window? thanks.

Last edited:
I presume you are going through this process on purpose. Or the bike was free.

It would have been far easier to purchase a used bike where someone had already spent years and coin to find attach all those things to their bike and make them work.

In any case, if you enjoy the chase, we will enjoy it vicariously (and some of the folks here are truly resourceful, and many more are truly helpful, and many many many more are interested), as long as you keep us posted.

Best of luck, and have fun.

I presume you are going through this process on purpose. Or the bike was free.

It would have been far easier to purchase a used bike where someone had already spent years and coin to find attach all those things to their bike and make them work.

In any case, if you enjoy the chase, we will enjoy it vicariously (and some of the folks here are truly resourceful, and many more are truly helpful, and many many many more are interested), as long as you keep us posted.

Best of luck, and have fun.

Well, it is used but no one, from what can I see, spent any coin on the bike other than a Triumph seat with a backrest, which I truly need. Who the heck is just now calling me from Cumming, GA. I would be embarrassed to live anywhere with that erotic sounding name, know what I mean? Sorry, I am easily distracted. I do appreciate what you are saying, and this bike is going to give me plenty of opportunities to engage in, "the chase", as you have aptly called it.

VR

Back