Suggestions Very Welcome

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
Just bought a 2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic. I need engine guards, saddle bags, bag guards, new battery, taller Triumph windshield and all fluids...oil, coolant, final drive. Leads to Web sites I should check out, brands, etc. for these items with an eye towards good/economical/affordable prices is VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

VR
Escondido, CA

Plenty of info on this forum.

All you have to do is a search with the search function and it will all be shown

Plenty of info on this forum.

All you have to do is a search with the search function and it will all be shown

I must be a dunce because I usually have no luck with 'search'.....very much dependent on using the right words which is a crap shoot at best.....in this case what would I search for? Web sites for economical Triumph parts? Thanks, I'll try, but I am very skeptical.

Just bought a 2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic. I need engine guards, saddle bags, bag guards, new battery, taller Triumph windshield and all fluids...oil, coolant, final drive. Leads to Web sites I should check out, brands, etc. for these items with an eye towards good/economical/affordable prices is VERY MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,

VR
Escondido, CA

There are many bag choices I had an 07 Classic and upgraded it:

Bags: Quite a few are available and it opens up your options with quick disconnect bag mounts. Easy Brackets, Viking Bag, National Cycle. Then choose from a host of bags. I sold my Triumph leather bags, got some mounts and then selected a heavy duty synthetic leather bags. Viking, Leatherlyke....Viking universal bags are about $200 and very sturdy so you don't need bag guards.

Windscreen: The stock Triumph windscreen was worthless. Saying you want a taller Triumph windshield suggests you have a standard with mounts. Recommend Clearview. They come in different sizes/widths and will run about $200 for smoked.

-Engine guards. I chose Rivco because at the time the Triumph ones were very flimsy. I have Triumphs on my 09 Touring and they seem fairly stout, plus they are 1 1/4 so many highway pegs brands are available.

-Get yourself a factory shop/service manual either in PDF or hard copy and it will contain everything you need to know about fluids. I buy motorcycle synthetic oil at the local auto shops. Digital copies are about $11 on ebay:

Triumph Rocket III Classic Touring Service Workshop Repair Shop Manual 3 Factory | eBay

Pic of my Classic with the aftermarket bags and Clearview windscreen in gray tint.
DSCF7549 (1536 x 1152).jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
There are many bag choices I had an 07 Classic and upgraded it:

Bags: Quite a few are available and it opens up your options with quick disconnect bag mounts. Easy Brackets, Viking Bag, National Cycle. Then choose from a host of bags. I sold my Triumph leather bags, got some mounts and then selected a heavy duty synthetic leather bags. Viking, Leatherlyke....Viking universal bags are about $200 and very sturdy so you don't need bag guards.

Windscreen: The stock Triumph windscreen was worthless. Saying you want a taller Triumph windshield suggests you have a standard with mounts. Recommend Clearview. They come in different sizes/widths and will run about $200 for smoked.

-Engine guards. I chose Rivco because at the time the Triumph ones were very flimsy. I have Triumphs on my 09 Touring and they seem fairly stout, plus they are 1 1/4 so many highway pegs brands are available.

-Get yourself a factory shop/service manual either in PDF or hard copy and it will contain everything you need to know about fluids. I buy motorcycle synthetic oil at the local auto shops. Digital copies are about $11 on ebay:

Triumph Rocket III Classic Touring Service Workshop Repair Shop Manual 3 Factory | eBay

Pic of my Classic with the aftermarket bags and Clearview windscreen in gray tint.
DSCF7549 (1536 x 1152).jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Wow, your bike is what I want mine to become, in time.. Thanks so much for your suggestions, exactly what I am looking for. I like your headlight hoods, I want those! Much like what I have on my Harley. Thanks again!

Edit: I did get the owner's manual and shop manual .pdf's on eBay before I bought the bike to be sure I knew what was what with maintenance, specs, etc. Thanks again.

Oh, hey, your mirrors......brand?

Oh, just noticed your radiator housing....power coating....????

Last edited:
Glad to be able to help. The forum provides a wealth of information and some fine folks who will provide excellent advice.

On the mirrors, they came off of a Harley Super Glide and are readily available from aftermarket vendors. You must get the bushings to mount them though.

Triumph Mirror Adapter Bushings

The headlight hoods are standard Harley stuff.

The exhaust in the above pic is a Jardine, which I foolishly sold because it seemed too loud for me. I then put on Triumph TORs. The black is high temp 1200 deg powder coating which didn't work out, having to be redone.

I took the radiator shroud to a local shop and it's standard auto paint. I then got the stencil kit from Purple Harley.
Motorcycle Decals,motorcycle decals

I don't have a good pic of the fly screen but in the kit was one that looked like a Rocket so it went on my fly screen. The other pieces went on the radiator shrouds.

Rocket with Fly Screen.jpg

Motul is the oil of choice here. Many also use mobile one. Make sure to lube the final drive spines every 10,000 mile or every time you change the rear tire which is usually around 8,000 miles.

Triumph recommended Mobile 1 when I bought mine and it was sold at the Triumph shops. I believe they then partnered with Castrol. I get the M1 for bikes at O'Reilly's Auto Parts.

Back