rash_powder

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
While doing the twelve minute tune last night after loading a map to my ecu and PCV-AT I heard a strange sound coming from the throttle bodies.

It is an intermittent buzzing very similar to the buzz when the bike is first turned on.

I do not know if it has always been there or if it is new; though I am certain I only heard because I was on the ground near them.

Would someone be able to check there bike at idle for that sound? Or at least relieve my mind of the thought something is amiss?

Thanks!

While doing the twelve minute tune last night after loading a map to my ecu and PCV-AT I heard a strange sound coming from the throttle bodies.

It is an intermittent buzzing very similar to the buzz when the bike is first turned on.

I do not know if it has always been there or if it is new; though I am certain I only heard because I was on the ground near them.

Would someone be able to check there bike at idle for that sound? Or at least relieve my mind of the thought something is amiss?

Thanks!

Hi Rash

This buzzing is the ISM oscillating, you can touch it and you'll feel the "buzzing", I have seen this happen two or three times. It has nothing to do with the PCV-AT arrangement.

Quick way to fix is to get your 7.0mm spanner. Hook up your Tune ECU and record TPS and ISM voltage settings. Turn the bike on but don't start it so the buzzing starts then ever so slightly (note the slightly bit here) tweak the ISM adjuster nut, (don't fret over the settings either). Cannot tell you which way but note start positon. It should almost immediately stop buzzing. Then in Tune ECU note the values of the ISM and remember.

You may find your ISM setting has gone from 0.72 to 0.73 (or 0.71) but it doesn't matter, this is your new setting.

Start bike and make sure it idles like normal.

Personal opinion is that leaving it buzzing is not a good idea this will create heat and wear.

Good luck and should be easy fix but check it is the ISM first in case its something new/else.

I put matching maps in the ECU and the PCV+AT. The twelve minute tune teaches the ECU the idle setting for the throttle sensor.

Back