I simply stated the problem,referenced this forum link,pointed to the danger stalling in traffic(that was big!), and said in a week was bringing bike in for other things and did not have confidence the stall problem would be fixed. I was not blaming dealers as intermittent problems are really hard to solve, but that it must be solved.
I will first see in my case if the clutch switch solves my stall problem, and see if they detect stall culprit. If not will give them the case# . I have to first give my dealer a chance.

I agree with you to send emails about the problem. Triumph Motorcycles America LTD. Web site online.
Case # 00910549
I am not sure if this is related, but my 2014 Roadster did the same thing when I first bought it, brand new. Apparently, it was the throttle positioning sensor. The dealer adjusted it and never had another problem with it down that again. That’s all I know. I hope maybe this will help.

I am not sure if this is related, but my 2014 Roadster did the same thing when I first bought it, brand new. Apparently, it was the throttle positioning sensor. The dealer adjusted it and never had another problem with it down that again. That’s all I know. I hope maybe this will help.
Is that sensor what determines rpms at idle?

Update: just looked it up and yes, it does affect rpms. One symptom of faulty sensor,STALLING! you may be on to something.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced any engine stalling issues? At times when slowing to a stop in 1st gear, clutch fully pulled in and having completed a proper rev match before downshifting to 1st ( I don't have a quickshifter installed), the engine will stall. I mentioned it to the tech when I just had it in for the 600 mile service and he mentioned there was an update he installed but had no idea what it's purpose was. He mentioned that most Triumph's have some kind of update at the 1st service. He wasn't able to replicate the stall and I can't replicate myself when trying....it's just a very intermittent nuisance
This "problem" was always present since new and happens very rarely.....maybe one out of 20 times when coming to a full stop I have approx. 700 miles on the odometer.
Yes, I have had the same on mine, have just got a software update so hope that fixes it. I had the update cause I was getting indivator faults where the left or right blinkers would not work and the corresponding side would flash very fast, just like a blown globe, but of course don’t have gloves. Then all of a sudden it disappears and all good. We will see how it goes after the update.

Just to add one more point: When I try cold starting my bike after a few days, it takes a long cranking to get it started or a couple of short cranks. It doesn't start easy. Has anybody else experienced it?

Maurice: Let us know the update from the dealership. I guess your bike is going in today?
Ha! Just dropped it off. Should get it back today. They wanted to charge me 85.50 labor for warranty clutch switch cause I did not have THEM diagnose problem showing error code p0704. Said if I leave bike THEY will diagnose showing same error code and no charge. 😖

Back