Mine only stalls in sport mode or I have only noticed it in sports mode, clutch in and after 'blipping' the throttle as I slow. The blipping has been discussed in this post before and after stalling twice on my last ride, once while stopping and the other with clutch in this time not moving but I blipped the throttle and it dies. I stopped 'blipping the throttle for the remainder of the ride and it never stalled. Maybe a coincident but I have never had my Rocket stall twice in the same outing. It's usually weeks or months apart. I'm curious if the blipping somehow causes the RPM's to drop too low and die. It has officially become a problem now.:mad:

Yes it has stalled since visit but dealer did not do anything yet. But not for weeks.. Waiting on clutch part from Europe. You know, that "supply chain" problem.
I never blip throttle. Its not a harley.😁
Ha! That is one old habit I wish I didn't have. I have owned three HD and the pipes were loud but not obnoxious. I fell into the 'blip' letting the engine slow me down at off ramps. I have to concentrate not to do it. It's not like anyone can hear the Rocket engine anyway.:rolleyes:

Wonder if one of the engine proximity sensor(s) could be the issue... Had an automatic HEMI (Magnum) that stalled coming to a stop once. Oddly enough, no engine light came on... Technician said he's seen it and replaced 4 (I think) proximity sensors... Thats was at maybe 5,000 miles, after that no issues (we traded it in at 136K miles)... Those sensors give an impulse to tell the Engine Management Computer where the engine is within it’s 4 stroke cycle... If an impulse is lost, depending on the manufactures algorithm, I would expect the engine to shut down... That could explain stalling being intermittent as well as the engines ability to restart easily... Why slowing down? Not sure, but perhaps a rapid change in RPM’s exposes this phenomenon? Furthermore, if it’s a software issue, one would expect this should be experienced by almost everyone. However if it’s an incompatibility or defect with proximity sensors, that would only affect those with those sensors… Just a random possibility and potentially cheap enough to try…

I am quite convinced that every Rocket 3 will stall in hands of a capable rider :) . On a side note, my local dealer got a low mileage 2018 R3R. I am thinking of going back to the previous generation. This stall thing is very dangerous and I always have this in the back of my mind while riding.

ok going off topic
bought a washing machine comes with a diagnostic paper to explain all of the codes (a lot of codes) also tells u how to check each the components with a volt meter.
u would think for $20,000 u would get a pamphlet with the r3:rolleyes:

ok going off topic
bought a washing machine comes with a diagnostic paper to explain all of the codes (a lot of codes) also tells u how to check each the components with a volt meter.
No because they want to milk you after sales. Make **** load of money diagnosing n fixing issues that shouldn’t be there at first place. Lots of people still have rear brake failures after repeated fixes and we are talking about stalling while riding the bike. What’s the point of adding all the gizmos and electronics, when your product is failing to serve the primary purpose. Braking and reliable engine performance…

ok going off topic
And a reach-around minimum. ;)

ok going off topic
But Herman, there are no codes on the r3?

Back