But Herman, there are no codes on the r3?
that is the point there should be
if ecu is commanding 1000 idle and the motor goes to 200 and dies something is malfunctioning and should set a code
the ecu is sophisticated but in diagnostic clues/codes leaves a lot to be desired so one would have to do a lot of checking and testing to come up with the answer.

that is the point there should be if ecu is commanding 1000 idle and the motor goes to 200 and dies something is malfunctioning and should set a code the ecu is sophisticated but in diagnostic clues/codes leaves a lot to be desired so one would have to do a lot of checking and testing to come up with the answer.
Oh. Thought you just wanted a pham
that is the point there should be
if ecu is commanding 1000 idle and the motor goes to 200 and dies something is malfunctioning and should set a code
the ecu is sophisticated but in diagnostic clues/codes leaves a lot to be desired so one would have to do a lot of checking and testing to come up with the answer.
Yeah, true. I was responding to you wanting pamphlet with codes.👍

Oh. Thought you just wanted a pham
Yeah, true. I was responding to you wanting pamphlet with codes.👍

yes i want a pamphlet
the older manuals has some codes and some trouble trees to check
maybe the new rocket manuals have the same i have not looked.

Gonna stir the pot again as nobody posted any updates. I discussed this issue with a friend of mine who is an experienced mechanic. He said sometimes lighter flywheel can cause stalling with clutch in while coming to stop. Some Volkswagen cars had this issue when lighter flywheels were installed from factory. As we know that Triumph shaved off weight as compared to last generation. They might have installed a lighter flywheel.I searched the internet and found one interesting thread about stalling. Worth a read.

Gonna stir the pot again as nobody posted any updates. I discussed this issue with a friend of mine who is an experienced mechanic. He said sometimes lighter flywheel can cause stalling with clutch in while coming to stop. Some Volkswagen cars had this issue when lighter flywheels were installed from factory. As we know that Triumph shaved off weight as compared to last generation. They might have installed a lighter flywheel.I searched the internet and found one interesting thread about stalling. Worth a read.
Could be! My dealer appointment to install clutch part is tomorrow. Manager thinks possibly will solve stall as that part affected 3 other functions. I doubt it but have to see. If it does not will bring back with case # from Triumph for them both to figure it out. Will post update.

i dont think that weight has anything to do with stalling
i did learn that a lawn mower will not start w/o a cutting blade.

If lower flywheel weight is the problem then maybe Triumph could solve the problem by adding rotational inertia somehow, like a centrifugal supercharger perhaps!
In order for them to find a fix, they have to first admit that stalling is a serious issue affecting majority of Rocket 3s. That’s what it will take or else one of the aftermarket vendors might come up with a fix.

Could be! My dealer appointment to install clutch part is tomorrow. Manager thinks possibly will solve stall as that part affected 3 other functions. I doubt it but have to see. If it does not will bring back with case # from Triumph for them both to figure it out. Will post update.
Keep us posted.

Clutch accuator replaced. This affected gas gauge, cruise control, hill assist. Manager feels confident it affects stalling for this reason: when malfunctioning, not enough gas is given to idle when slowing with clutch in. I think I sensed coming home motor a little louder in those situations. Makes sense.. Time will tell.
He agreed poor design that cleaning bike with rag can bend that metal piece. Be careful cleaning under clutch lever!
Will post after time riding for stall update.

Back