just a possibility but i hope not
may be it is getting hot and stalling. (parts expand and drag down the motor so as not to be able to maintain idle) so when u hit the starter it turns over slow (because it is dragging)

No it is a ill designed bike that is way to lean. Basically a bike for that is not only slow on the top end but runs like a sick dog on a bad holiday. Sad but the truth. Come on Triumph is this the best you got.

Some of the early Rockets (04,05) Had a similar problem with stalling when new, I believe Triumph came out with an ECU related fix. Don,t remember if it was a different tune or a adaptation reset.

Just got back from a ride and had my first stall. Coasting in slow traffic with the clutch in and the engine just stopped. Reading these posts saved embarrassment as I just hit the starter and it fired straight back up, otherwise I would have been sat in the middle of the wondering what the hell!
Does anyone know what he cause is and if there will be a fix?

Happened again yesterday. 21C outside, bike was warm (if not hot), coasting to intersection with throttle pulled in, bike stalled while in 3rd gear.

Started up again no issues, didn't happen again on this ride. Will keep posting with each occurrence or until I get it fixed!
Very disturbing news this stalling with so many! Can't you leave it with dealer to check out possible causes?
Happened again yesterday. 21C outside, bike was warm (if not hot), coasting to intersection with throttle pulled in, bike stalled while in 3rd gear.

Started up again no issues, didn't happen again on this ride. Will keep posting with each occurrence or until I get it fixed!

Very disturbing news this stalling with so many! Can't you leave it with dealer to check out possible causes?
Had another stall this morning...same as always...rolling to a stop...in 1st gear..clutch pulled in. Time for Triumph to step up and sort this out.
Will contact my dealer again....I also own a 2020 Street Triple 765 RS which had the same stalling problems....but worse. Bike would stall on a 4-3 or 3-2 downshift when using the clutch...so I was at speed when the bike would stall. It was happening to a lot owners of that model...so it seems due to the number of complaints dealers were getting...Triumph came out with a new ECU calibration...and so far (120 miles ) it seems to have eliminated the problem.
I'm hoping they do something similar for the 2020 Rocket...

Back