Had another stall this morning...same as always...rolling to a stop...in 1st gear..clutch pulled in. Time for Triumph to step up and sort this out.
Will contact my dealer again....I also own a 2020 Street Triple 765 RS which had the same stalling problems....but worse. Bike would stall on a 4-3 or 3-2 downshift when using the clutch...so I was at speed when the bike would stall. It was happening to a lot owners of that model...so it seems due to the number of complaints dealers were getting...Triumph came out with a new ECU calibration...and so far (120 miles ) it seems to have eliminated the problem.
I'm hoping they do something similar for the 2020 Rocket...
Have you tried as you are slowing down instead of pulling clutch in and going to first, just put in nuetral? This is always how I approach a stop. I come down a couple of gears, maybe to third, and then pull clutch and to to nuetral.

Have you tried as you are slowing down instead of pulling clutch in and going to first, just put in nuetral? This is always how I approach a stop. I come down a couple of gears, maybe to third, and then pull clutch and to to nuetral.
Haven't tried that...but bike shouldn't stall when going to 1st gear as your rolling to a stop with clutch depressed...when slowing to a stop I will downshift to 1st gear and then find neutral right before complete stop. With the current problem...bike stalls when properly downshifting to 1st gear....If the clutch is pulled in it shouldn't stall. Also don't think I'd want to be at a speed, that being in 3rd gear would provide, then "coasting" in neutral at that speed until stopping.

...but bike shouldn't stall when going to 1st gear as your rolling to a stop with clutch depressed...when slowing to a stop

Did you try to put a bit of gas (2 000 - 2 500 rpm) when doing that « 1st gear as your rolling to a stop with clutch depressed » ?

Did you try to put a bit of gas (2 000 - 2 500 rpm) when doing that « 1st gear as your rolling to a stop with clutch depressed » ?
I always rev match when downshifting (when there isn't a quickshifter installed) using only a bit of gas due to the gear ratio of 1st gear...so yes...but even without that the bike shouldn't stall with clutch fully depressed and coming to a stop and rolling at 5mph or less in 1st gear imo...as has been experienced by others on this thread who....like myself are long time experienced riders and haven't experienced this on other bikes

I always rev match when downshifting (when there isn't a quickshifter installed) using only a bit of gas due to the gear ratio of 1st gear...so yes...but even without that the bike shouldn't stall with clutch fully depressed and coming to a stop and rolling at 5mph or less in 1st gear imo...as has been experienced by others on this thread who....like myself are long time experienced riders and haven't experienced this on other bikes

I fully agree with you. It should not stall.
I do not know if I am lucky but I have experienced several times with my R3 GT, that I can ride using engine idle in 1st gear without more gas when there is a lot of traffic and there is no stalling. Riding this way without using the clutch, I also noticed that engine idle is able to increase alone a bit itself (50-100 rpm) to avoid stalling.
Did somebody else noticed that ?

I fully agree with you. It should not stall.
I do not know if I am lucky but I have experienced several times with my R3 GT, that I can ride using engine idle in 1st gear without more gas when there is a lot of traffic and there is no stalling. Riding this way without using the clutch, I also noticed that engine idle is able to increase alone a bit itself (50-100 rpm) to avoid stalling.
Did somebody else noticed that ?
Another stall today...in 1st gear...car right behind me....The weird thing is how intermittent the problem is...every 100 miles or so...

Another stall today...in 1st gear...car right behind me....The weird thing is how intermittent the problem is...every 100 miles or so...
Have had 2 more stalls in last 2 weeks (100 miles) spoke to my dealer. He said there is a new ECU map which has just been released within the last month. They're gonna pick the bike up in a couple of weeks and install the new map and hope it rectifies the problem. I didn't mind it too much when it stalled coming to a stop in 1st gear but the last 2 stalls happened on 4-3 downshifts very intermittent and can't seem to replicate at will just happens every 100 miles or so.
I have approx. 2000 miles on the odometer currently.

the stalls are annoying but ya get used to it, when shifting down I release the clutch anyway to brake on the engine but still ya don't want that right before a nice turn it rumbles withj the fun ya having!

Haven't experienced this issue yet. Normally use 95 octane, so far only used road mode, 1900 kms to-date on the clock.
I did manage to stall it about 3 times when taking off, which I was very surprised about.
Ive done exactly the same as you

My first rocket (2010) did that. Solved it with a new tune.
My Rocket X did that once in 10000kms. Here in Portugal we have 95 and 98 fuel. From that on I only use BP Ultimate 98, without any issue until now.
It seems Triumph is very sensible to fuel quality.

Back