Southeast Usergroup Anyone ?

Any members from up around my way?

The riding's been great here the last few days, with temps in the 80's.

Rick

If your close to Brandon, that would be me! The Rocket Touring is my weekend bike. Last weekend took the misses for a 4 county spin and we've taken the Behemoth all the way down to Ft. Lauderdale.

PM me and we'll exchange contact info.

If your close to Brandon, that would be me! The Rocket Touring is my weekend bike. Last weekend took the misses for a 4 county spin and we've taken the Behemoth all the way down to Ft. Lauderdale.

PM me and we'll exchange contact info.

Will do.

Rick

Im up in Jacksonville. It would be nice to have a little get together sometime this summer. I usually go down to Flagler Beach for lunch at an oceanside restaurant called Martins. We also have relatives over in Brandon. We head there several times a year.

Nice to see there's a few Rocket Captains down here!

I was at the Leesburg Bikefest last weekend, and never saw another Triumph, let along another Rocket.

Saw one Royal Enfield.

All the rest were Hardleys or Jap bikes.

Nice to see there's a few Rocket Captains down here!

I was at the Leesburg Bikefest last weekend, and never saw another Triumph, let along another Rocket.

Saw one Royal Enfield.

All the rest were Hardleys or Jap bikes.

I havent been to Leesburg yet. The last few years I have been working weekends. When I was down in Daytona a few weeks ago I only saw one Rocket. At least we aint part of the herd....

That, and their less than stellar performance, is why I have no interest in being a Hardley owner.

The Bikefest was quite something!

Believe it or not, this was a more "open " area we worked our way back to after a couple of hours of wandering aimlessly among thousands of our "newest closest" friends.

Up ahead from here (and several blocks away from where we parked) Main Street is shut down to cars, and the bikes are parked along both sides for the road, plus in the middle, leaving room for only one bike-width lane in each direction.

This is Main a bit farther out. And inside "the zone;" every street is set up like that, including cross streets.

We were parked in the parking lot of a closed business; and the same thing was going on everywhere.

If I guessed that there were 10,000 bikes parked in downtown Leesburg; I'm pretty sure that would be a gross underestimation. I've never seen such a thing!

The wife and I rode over today from Weeki Wachee with my son, his wife, and a few more of his friends; four Harley's and our Triumph. Never saw another Triumph (much less a Rocket) the entire day.

All told, a great day, with no problems of any sort observed anywhere, all day long. That's pretty good for the untold bazillion thousands of folks packed elbow to elbow throughout an entire down town area.

sigh... didn't post here, opened a new thread... http://www.r3owners.net/threads/apr-27-2014-leesburg-bikefest-leesburg-fl.18621/

i dropped by bikefest sunday morn... saw 1 other rocket... the crazy thing was the number of vtx1800's i saw (used to have one)...

IMG_0565[1].JPG

Last edited:
Although I havent been there in a few years, the Plant City bike night is pretty good too. Not sure which weekend it is each month but it has a pretty good crowd with the main drag downtown closed to cars for a few hours and plenty of vendors. I may try to make Buffalos bike night here in Jax this wed nite.

...I was at the Leesburg Bikefest last weekend, and never saw another Triumph, let along another Rocket...

Really? I was there on Saturday and saw no less than 5 Rockets! Though I think mine was the only Touring. One of them was a beautiful beige and burgundy color that had the corbin beetle bags. Chatted with the owner for a good long while.

I didn't see that many Rockets when I went to Daytona!

Back