Some questions about engine RPM etc

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
Hello,
I want to know how will someone know that he is messing the piston rings or engine altogether on rocket3r 2020+?

I got werkes exhaust at 5500km and now bike is 8500km.

After getting werkes exhaust I did intermittent rev bouncing, open close throttle to red line RPM while riding or when at a stop sign etc. and when engine is normal temp.

Some people telling its gonna mess up piston rings. I am not sure as whats good or bad, when it comes to engine on rocket3r 2020+

how not to mess up engine or avoid big bills :)

Last edited:
So I have some concerns, you posted that you flashed the penner map and in that you stated that you increased rev limiter to the maximum of 7300rpm

And here your asking about 2 things.

Hitting rev limit while riding isn't optimal but shouldn't hurt the bike.

The second could sustained rev limit or rev bouncing at lights is obnoxious and can damage the bike, you can achieve the same affect blipping the throttle, but I would shy away from revving it constantly to rev limit especially with an increased rev limit, in fact I'm not sure raising the rev limit has an actual benefit other than increasing the risk of damage to the engine.

So I have some concerns, you posted that you flashed the penner map and in that you stated that you increased rev limiter to the maximum of 7300rpm

And here your asking about 2 things.

Hitting rev limit while riding isn't optimal but shouldn't hurt the bike.

The second could sustained rev limit or rev bouncing at lights is obnoxious and can damage the bike, you can achieve the same affect blipping the throttle, but I would shy away from revving it constantly to rev limit especially with an increased rev limit, in fact I'm not sure raising the rev limit has an actual benefit other than increasing the risk of damage to the engine.
yes, I flashed penner map and now I have almost stopped rev bouncing, I will only hit rev limit if I am going 6th gear on highway. :)

Hello,
I want to know how will someone know that he is messing the piston rings or engine altogether on rocket3r 2020+?

I got werkes exhaust at 5500km and now bike is 8500km.

After getting werkes exhaust I did intermittent revving, open close throttle to red line RPM while riding or when at a stop sign etc. and when engine is normal temp.

Some people telling its gonna mess up piston rings. I am not sure as whats good or bad, when it comes to engine on rocket3r 2020+

how not to mess up engine or avoid big bills :)
After 5500 or 8500 km, the rings are done, for better or worse. I wouldn’t rev it to redline at idle too often. If you’re concerned, have the cylinder pressure tested.

After 5500 or 8500 km, the rings are done, for better or worse. I wouldn’t rev it to redline at idle too often. If you’re concerned, have the cylinder pressure tested.
who can do that? dealer or i can do it by myself too? I have triumph technical specification factory service manual, will it help?

who can do that? dealer or i can do it by myself too? I have triumph technical specification factory service manual, will it help?
you could have your dealer do it, i would suggest that would be your best point of contact.

You could get a compression tester or have a mechanic do it.

To be honest unless your seeing issues with the bike, or you really suspect you have done damage then I wouldn't bother.

If you had done piston ring damage you would have done more than just that and would know,

I would suggest draining the oil and pulling the filter and cutting it open and looking for any metal material in there otherwise just ride it.

To be honest unless your seeing issues with the bike, or you really suspect you have done damage then I wouldn't bother.

If you had done piston ring damage you would have done more than just that and would know,

I would suggest draining the oil and pulling the filter and cutting it open and looking for any metal material in there otherwise just ride it.

Agree. Unless there are obvious issues, why bother. If you've blown a ring, you'll know it.

Back