Some images of Baxter 2008

Toystoretom

Living Legend
The trip to Baxter's was great, the weather was just about perfect. The $4 a gallon gas cut down the traffic a bunch. It didn't seem to have an effect on the attendance, it seemed just as busy as always. Its hard to judge how many show up, its like counting fish in a aquarium.

Some pics:

A prize...

I'll take two....

And throw in one of these:

I wonder if Triumph is planning a Crown Royal Rocket?

I love Enfields:

An absolute jewel:

This bike makes real horsepower... Clydesdale horsepower...

As sad sight down in the boneyard:

.......looks like there is a prize in the brown paper wrap as well. Possibly an Akront old style aluminum rim in front of the late Meriden head pipe?

Is that a Rickman tank?

Excuse me, I didn't realize you were posting more delectable pictures.

I like the 750 Interceptor. There is a guy north of me that has one that I've been trying to pry out of his hands and into mine.

Nowdays, when you mention RE, people think of India and the Bullet. I think of the 750 Interceptor. The India RE don't exist for me.

The sidevalver is nice as well. I won't mention the R3.

Last edited:
That is a Wassel Siamese pipe, and you are close on the rim, its a Morad who took over Akront. The tank's maker remains nameless but its not a one off, there is one on Flea Bay right now just like it. It's all in my garage now :D.....

Tomo:

At some point you'll quit acquiring that sort of stuff. What that point is, I'm not sure. I don't get into bike stuff as a rule but old machine tools are right up my alley.

The Vinny is nice, but the price of admission is too high. In retrospect, I'd rather have a Henderson.

Some great pics, Tomo. Looks like you made some good buys.
I ran across a Hurricane a couple years back in a small bike shop in Va. It was missing a few parts and had a price tag of 12,000.

Thanks for the pics

Thanks for the pics, I couldn't make it this year. I had saddled up a Rocket at Baxters the last couple of years for the ride over to Atlantic but this time it wouldn't be necessary. BYOR (bring your own Rocket) :D. Although this year I would have tried a Scrambler, I think a fine bike to scoot around town or head to the farm.

Did you pick up any tid bits on the new big twin? I am trying to talk my Bride into getting an America, but that new Thunderbird might be a cool bike too.:cool:

India RE

Flip, I have to educate you on the India Royal Enfield. First of all, until recently they had not changed a thing since the Brits sold them the tooling in the 50's. I have taken one of those stone axes over 17,000 foot passes in Tibet, through flooded river bottoms in Nepal, and across the deserts of Rajasthan. They used to be issued to junior officers in the British Raj and you will still see an old man snap to and salute when he hears one of those things come up behind him. I appreciate them for saving a piece of history.

Back