Want to Buy Solo gel seat and rider backrest for 2013 Touring

I know this is going to be a treasure hunt, but any leads are appreciated.
I just bought one on E-bay to replace mine, mine is damaged by a cat so I'll sell it. It is serviceable and has the backrest, stitching is worn but the frame and sides are in good condition.

I just bought one on E-bay to replace mine, mine is damaged by a cat so I'll sell it. It is serviceable and has the backrest, stitching is worn but the frame and sides are in good condition.
Might be a good option for a Russell Daylong conversion. What are you asking for it, and what type was it originally?

Might be a good option for a Russell Daylong conversion. What are you asking for it, and what type was it originally?
A9700209 Long Haul with backrest. I am thinking around the $375 range. This is not the solo seat.

Last edited:
Congratulations if you just bought the used one on eBay. US $464.00 A good price for the very rare backrest combo. ;)

@oldnewR3T They never made a Gel Solo for the Touring only the same luxury padded version similar to the Longhaul Dual Seat but with a Bucket Solo and a separate Comfort Pillion. These were later sold together as the Longhaul Dual replacement when stocks had been used up of Longhaul Duals.
The stock 'Plain Jane' dual seat is standard with the R3T except for Special Editions or accessory purchases.

I have a few used and NOS of the Solo and Pillion; and a single NOS Longhaul Dual. These are surprisingly light and post International for a good price from Australia.

I have a NOT FOR SALE backrest that is attached to a custom bracket to fit the R3Roadster Solo seats. I can take more photos and measurements of the bracket if somebody wants to make one for their Roadster.
1593919509415.png

I have been buying and researching Triumph R3 seats for ages but only just discovered the Touring Dual seat with rider's backrest was replaced with the Solo seat and Comfort Pillion sold together with a new number.

So there are just 3 different R3 rider's back rest versions, two for Tourings and one for Std/ Classic/Roadster

LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209 for Tourings
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158

upload_2019-2-18_15-54-6.png

Replaced by Longhaul Seat Replacemant Kit T2302130 which is actually both items below.

BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162 for Tourings
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158
upload_2019-2-18_15-54-33.png
upload_2019-2-18_15-54-54.png

COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163 for Tourings

CLASSIC TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9708164 for Std/ Classic/Roadster
Shown with ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST A9708160
upload_2019-2-18_15-53-21.png

Last one from Triumph Australia sold last year:
Still Au$625 (US$435) new from dealers here in Oz.

I spoke to them and he confirmed one is in Australia at the Melbourne Triumph Australia warehouse. Looks like out of stock and production in UK and elsewhere.

T2302130_Long-Haul-Touring-Seat_White-1000x1000.jpg

Accessorise your ride
https://jcsmotorcycles.com.au/long-haul-touring-seat-rocket-3-touring

But Fowlers UK state No Longer Available and they are reliable, so remaining stock only if you can find them now - just like the pannier rails. ;):(
I better hang on to mine then.:D
The last set of those rails went on Facebook a while ago for Au$650.

Seat - Triumph ROCKET III TOURING | Triumph ROCKET III TOURING Seat supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts
13 Longhaul Seat Replacemant Kit T2302130
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Au$627.31 inc. VAT(£350.00)

Congratulations if you just bought the used one on eBay. US $464.00 A good price for the very rare backrest combo. ;)

@oldnewR3T They never made a Gel Solo for the Touring only the same luxury padded version similar to the Longhaul Dual Seat but with a Bucket Solo and a separate Comfort Pillion. These were later sold together as the Longhaul Dual replacement when stocks had been used up of Longhaul Duals.
The stock 'Plain Jane' dual seat is standard with the R3T except for Special Editions or accessory purchases.

I have a few used and NOS of the Solo and Pillion; and a single NOS Longhaul Dual. These are surprisingly light and post International for a good price from Australia.

I have a NOT FOR SALE backrest that is attached to a custom bracket to fit the R3Roadster Solo seats. I can take more photos and measurements of the bracket if somebody wants to make one for their Roadster.
1593919509415.png

Last one from Triumph Australia sold last year:
I have the same one with wear and tiny holes from my cat, with the backrest.

I found this backrest today on eBay. Looks like good condition and is the same one used for Rockets:

I found this backrest today on eBay. Looks like good condition and is the same one used for Rockets:

Well found :cool: 👍👍👍👍👍
Yep the same as R3T version. I have the Solo, pillion and Dual seats to match, brand new if your quick.
Triumph Thunderbird Longhaul Rider Backrest A9700222.

Assembly name
Triumph, ROCKET III TOURING ,Backrest, Longhaul, Adj. Rider Kit
Triumph, THUNDERBIRD (1600/1700),Adjustable Rider Backrest, Longhaul
Triumph, THUNDERBIRD STORM,Adjustable Rider Backrest, Longhaul

Back