For Sale ***SOLD***Complete Floorboard kit for Rocket Roadsters

cadconversions

Sr. Pastor, iLive Church
Ride
2012 R3R
I have a like new (less than 200 miles on the road) kit to transform your Rocket 3 Roadster into a floorboard setup. This is the setup with the higher rails and angled floorboards that doesn't significantly reduce your lean angle.

I installed the complete setup as shown in the photos and tested them on the roadster. I enjoyed the floorboards but plan to stick with the pegs instead.

This kit includes everything you need but 2 - "C" clips I lost while removing the floorboards, a brake line assembly to reach between the ABS module and the brake reservoir assembly, and you'll need to use your ball joints from your roadster gear lever assembly. Just never got around to ordering a braided line kit.

I have 2 - different brake levers (the car style and the smaller bike model) that you can choose to install. I also have the custom made bracket to hold the ABS module made in stainless steel. The sale also includes a brake reservoir assembly from an older rocket, and the new chrome gear actuator. It also has two additional stainless brake reservoir covers.

Everything is basically brand new and will not distract or appear worn on your newer roadster.

I'm asking $700 for all shipped. The only one I've found on eBay as comprehensive as this is listed at nearly $1,000 USD but I'm just trying to recoup what I have in it.

If you have any questions - please feel free to contact me.

Thread where installation is discussed: http://www.r3owners.net/threads/con...tboard-kit-questions.21021/page-3#post-323864

IMG_6043.JPG IMG_6044.JPG IMG_6045.JPG IMG_6046.JPG

Needing to move these - bump to the top. Won't be able to find another "like new" set to put on your new roadster like this. From all of my research getting the last few parts together - quite possibly the last kit in the USA in new condition.

I be interested . . .
Does this include the necessary brake line?
Are you saying this is a bolt up conversion to a 2012 R3R?
Why the kick stand?

This doesn't include the brake line even though I could send you the one I used - I wouldn't want it on my bike long... I'd order a braided brake line (4.5" long with banjos on each end) and make it look good.

The kickstand was included in the original kit back in 2005-2008. It has a different arm (and it's chromed) for you to grab with your foot that is supposedly easier with the footboards on. I kept my stock roadster kickstand in place and didn't have an issue.

With all of that said, other than the brake line (and the two small "c clips" I mentioned) this is a ready to go bolt on for the roadster with ABS. I've done 98% of the work. In fact, I can swap from floorboards to roadster controls or to floorboards in about 30 minutes after having done it. Very simple. You will have to have your rear brakes bleed at the dealer or purchase the software to allow you to do it yourself.

This doesn't include the brake line even though I could send you the one I used - I wouldn't want it on my bike long... I'd order a braided brake line (4.5" long with banjos on each end) and make it look good.

The kickstand was included in the original kit back in 2005-2008. It has a different arm (and it's chromed) for you to grab with your foot that is supposedly easier with the footboards on. I kept my stock roadster kickstand in place and didn't have an issue.

With all of that said, other than the brake line (and the two small "c clips" I mentioned) this is a ready to go bolt on for the roadster with ABS. I've done 98% of the work. In fact, I can swap from floorboards to roadster controls or to floorboards in about 30 minutes after having done it. Very simple. You will have to have your rear brakes bleed at the dealer or purchase the software to allow you to do it yourself.

I already own the brake tool ECU connector.
I do have a concern about losing lean angle.
Can you give me an idea of the outside board distance to the ground and out from the frame (bike perpendicular) compared to the stock pegs?
Sorry for being a pest, but it is a tidy sum.

I already own the brake tool ECU connector.
I do have a concern about losing lean angle.
Can you give me an idea of the outside board distance to the ground and out from the frame (bike perpendicular) compared to the stock pegs?
Sorry for being a pest, but it is a tidy sum.

No problems at all. I do not have the exact measurements (I can mock it up and get those for you if you want exact) but can tell you that with these being the higher rails and angled floorboards - the bottom of the floorboard is pretty much in the same exact location as the bottom of the roadster peg. The only reduction in lean angle, would be that they sit further out from the motor than the peg but farther forward.

I've certainly hit my lean angle pegs on my roadster a time or two but in thrashing the bike around while the floorboards were mounted - trying to get the floorboard feeler pegs to touch - I was unsuccessful.

Here's a pic of someone else's bike with the same floorboards that I have to show you how high they sit in relation to the motor / bike once mounted...

08_RocketIII_a207275032f659547d71_3.jpg 08_RocketIII_a207275032f659547d71_23.jpg

Heading out in 10 minutes for a two day ride with amigos.
I shall ruminate on it and let you know when I return.

No problems at all. I do not have the exact measurements (I can mock it up and get those for you if you want exact) but can tell you that with these being the higher rails and angled floorboards - the bottom of the floorboard is pretty much in the same exact location as the bottom of the roadster peg. The only reduction in lean angle, would be that they sit further out from the motor than the peg but farther forward.
I've certainly hit my lean angle pegs on my roadster a time or two but in thrashing the bike around while the floorboards were mounted - trying to get the floorboard feeler pegs to touch - I was unsuccessful.
Here's a pic of someone else's bike with the same floorboards that I have to show you how high they sit in relation to the motor / bike once mounted...
08_RocketIII_a207275032f659547d71_3.jpg 08_RocketIII_a207275032f659547d71_23.jpg

Don't bother. I accept your description relative to the position of the stock pegs.
So you want $700 and you will pay shipping to 98466?
If so, we have a deal! :thumbsup:

Back