That appears to be the 'Touring' (NOT R3T) version of the sissy bar backrest with the rubbery smooth front and rough textured sides that matches the Gel seat options.

SISSY BAR BACKREST - TOURING A9701145
upload_2020-3-13_13-35-59.png

Might have to raise the price then:D

A similar situation exists for all items.

Written in 2000 by a legendary doyen of Knife collectors everywhere.
Bernard Levine's opening post of a very aptly titled thread 'My Precious, is it rare?

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/my-precious-is-it-rare.872930/

The second most favorite(*) newbie question on this forum is, "How rare is this knife?"

Sigh...

I've decided it is time to post a stock answer to this question.

This is going to be hard for you, as it is hard for every beginner, so pay careful attention.
[If you are not a beginner, you already know what I'm about to say.]

RARITY is a negative factor in value, a strong negative factor.

Men are sheep. This goes double for collectors, triple for arms collectors.
They ONLY want what the other sheep already have.
Show them something rare, or perish forbid unique :eek:, and they fall over and start to twitch, foam at the mouth.

Got that?

Yes, rare MINOR variations of common items (1909 S VDB penny is a classic example) DO command high prices.
But truly rare items are virtually unsalable, unless you LIE and say you've seen others in some of the BEST collections.
I have had only known examples of US mint struck medals from the 1860s, and they only brought a few hundred dollars,
while 'rare' pennies with dozens of examples known sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars (to rich sheep).

Some will argue with this analysis...
either because they don't like it and wish it were not so,
or because they heard otherwise on TARS on PBS,
or because they are clueless newbies.

They are wrong. Ignore them.

BRL...

(*) The most favorite newbie question on this forum is, "What steel is the blade?"

Always asked by someone who
  • does not know the range of possibilities,
  • does not know what difference it makes (hint: usually none),
  • does not know what steel is, and therefore
  • does not understand the answer -- which
  • does not discourage him from arguing bitterly against it.

Sound familiar? ;)

No premier league games this weekend, effin corona hope it burns in hell, was going to give the sissybar a good spring cleaning but as no one seems to be interested I will put it back up on the wall or cut it up for scrap metal:D
Bud you put it on the rocket parts group on facebook same price plus shipping it will sell.

Back