mickm7

.040 Over
Ride
2008 classic
hi all, could someone tell me what the sensor at the back of the engine is? it is in front of back wheel near the earth strap bolt,
is it speed sensor?, its seeping oil out of the wires...thanks in advance..

Sure sounds like the sensor that connects to the red light, low oil sensor. The sensor I’m talking about was my nightmare for the last few weeks. I replaced mine, with imput from other members. If I have the right one others on the forum will give you good advice for you. The part takes around 7 to 10 days to get. Around $20.00.

Sure sounds like the sensor that connects to the red light, low oil sensor. The sensor I’m talking about was my nightmare for the last few weeks. I replaced mine, with imput from other members. If I have the right one others on the forum will give you good advice for you. The part takes around 7 to 10 days to get. Around $20.00.
thanks for all info, i have a workshop manual and can not find in there, unless i was having a mans look..

if it is the easy one to pull at the bottom it is crank sensor
if it is the hard one to pull near the top of engine then it is oil sending unit/oil sensor

hi all, could someone tell me what the sensor at the back of the engine is? it is in front of back wheel near the earth strap bolt,
is it speed sensor?, its seeping oil out of the wires...thanks in advance..
Gday mick I'm pretty sure you're referring to the crank angle sensor. The crankcase breather is above it on the top of the rear case so just be sure that the oil you're seeing isn't actually coming from the breather pipe - I got caught once...

Rough location of the sensors:

RIII-Sensors1.jpg
RIII-Sensors2.jpg

Back