searching for help

Bust your balls baby, I'm flying!!:)
I lived in Bramley , Leeds for 12 months when i was a kid. I hated the place :D i'd grown up in western New South Wales ..it was a big , big change of habitat for this little aussie country boy.

welcome anne, to check if the throttle cables are indeed the problem you need to check them with the bars in various positions.. ie start with the bars in the center.. with the bike off twist the throttle all the way open and let it go. it should snap back with you hearing a "thunk" from the throttle bodies as they snap back into closed position.. now rotate the bars 10 degrees to the right or left and repeat till you have gone through the whole range..

by the by.. if you will note all new female members are required to post cleavage shots per the new members by - laws.. not saying i agree with this but rules are rules

Welcome to the site from Molino, FL. I hope the throttle gets sorted out and you continue to enjoy your Rocket Trike.

Dennis

Hi Anne - not much to add to the other comments really except to say that you will find great advice on this site. I'm a R3 trike rider too - and at least a little closer than the US and Aus. Enjoy the site and there are some great conversations that take place on here. I'll look out for ya on the roads.....Ron

First, welcome to the site. I hope you have many miles of wide grins with your trike.

Anytime that I hear of throttle "sticking" issues on a 2006 or earlier, my first thoughts are of the primary throttle position sensor. The TPS is one of the most common issues with the early models. The symptoms are close to what your describe. Revs apparently stick around 2,000-2,500 rpm but return to normal after a shutdown and restart.

The early TPSs have a black interior (unfortunately you have to remove it to see). Being basically a rheostat, they typically develop a flat spot at the angle that corresponds with normal cruising rpm's. This can occur as early as 8,000 miles but most start to show up around 15,000 miles.

The new part number TPS has a blue interior.

If you have some mechanical eptitude, it's not a difficult replacement but you do need to calibrate the installation. This is where the Tuneboy ($$) or TuneECU (free) products come in to play. Otherwise, you will most like need a trip to the dealer.

Back