Saturday ride anyone

64Herald

Been there, done that, now whats next?
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic Bone/ivory
I'm in Appomattox Va an want to take a ride to Raleighi, NC to Cycle gear. Anyone want to meet for lunch? Leaving here around 10. .....

I did a 300 miler yesterday heat was unpleasant 98*,i went to my favorite restaurant and it was packed with tourists. The best part of the ride was riding home from 6:00 to 10:00 pm . Bring sun block ;)

It was a nice ride but hot. we tried to stay on back roads just to have some shade. Tomorrow another ride but don't know where yet. Any locals with some ideas?

the trip home

I left Appomattox, Va. at 5pm made it all the way to the Long Island Expressway and Cross Island Parkway, 42 miles from home at 12:30 am. Rounding the turn on to the expressway I feel the rear get light so I pull onto the entrance ramp and the rear is FLAT. Now all I have to do at 12:30 in the morning is find the flash light. I find it and of cause the batteries are DEAD. I go for the back up and it works fine. I roll Hilda a few feet and see the nail, so out comes the trusty repair kit and air pump. Where are the pliers???? Ok in the front tool kit. The nail comes out straight and clean in goes the reamer and in goes the plug. Pump up the tire and I’m off, wait why is the tire not pumping up all the way?? So I start looking for the problem and it’s another nail….Oh lucky me. Reamer, Plug and pump again. I did good I got home just after 2am. 515 miles of great nighttime riding getting cut down by 2 nails when I can see home… But it still was a great ride

glad you had a safe trip and nothing more scarier than that someone just yesterday? had a bit more <fun> than you did with a flat

Back