Distinguished Gentleman's Ride

Sorry you don't enjoy the ride anymore, I don't know how many years you've ridden it, this will be my first. I'm looking forward to it.
Every year since inception. Missed 2020 for obvious reasons. Initially it was great and the spirit In which it was done was inclusive. my last two years, being on a big cruiser, we were forced to the rear. Missed out on riding side by side with some cool old classics.

Every year since inception. Missed 2020 for obvious reasons. Initially it was great and the spirit In which it was done was inclusive. my last two years, being on a big cruiser, we were forced to the rear. Missed out on riding side by side with some cool old classics.
Oh that's too bad, I imagined an inclusive attitude and welcoming comradery from everybody after watching some the videos of past rides. now this year the ride is done over the course of the day, no "official group" rides done with a start and finish and "solo" style rides. My friends are riding this year for the first time, with newer Harleys.

If you're going on your rocket, don't expect to be part of the cafe racer click. Here in Melbourne, if you don't meet the motorcycle requirements, they make you feel quite unwelcome.
I was the only Rocket, but nobody here made me feel unwelcome at all, and people were interested in the Rocket. There were a wide variety of bikes, including a Ducat Diavel and Panigale. Even a Zero electric. But retro classic seemed to be the theme. There were quite a few Bonneville's, a couple Thruxton's, a couple Norton Commander's, and a BSA. The event seemed to be an excuse to get riders to the Triumph dealership though.

Was a good turn out in london today and weather nearly held out too ,,, Bike shed in london gave a good start and finish

Attachments

• 20210523_094059.jpg
    20210523_094059.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 16
I'm riding solo like I did last year. If you try and join a ride you get to be the uncool kid for the day on a rocket. I wouldn't even do it again but it's a good cause and me and my wife had fun dressing up fancy and riding all day!
I caught up with a small crew of gentlemen riding my 1975 beemer & they asked me why I hadn't showed up on the R3T . Go figure ??

Yeah, nah. I’m over this particular franchise. As much as it it should be a worthy cause, it isn’t enjoyable anymore. I’ll donate but won’t join the ride.
I rode it, there were 200+ riders in Cleveland, I choose to ride with a sub-group of 14-16 riders and we took an alternate route that wasn't as urban as the official route, we stopped plenty times at scenic photo ops around the city and watering hole mid-ride for a break then finished up with a later lunch together and we were able to talk motorcycles and not just brand specific (Triumph). Good time had by all. Maybe it's the small group comradery that you miss on the large group rides. I'll ride again next year, if you don't ride the DGR I'll hit you up for a donation.

Attachments

• PH000129.JPG
    PH000129.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 6
Oh that's too bad, I imagined an inclusive attitude and welcoming comradery from everybody after watching some the videos of past rides. now this year the ride is done over the course of the day, no "official group" rides done with a start and finish and "solo" style rides. My friends are riding this year for the first time, with newer Harleys.
It turned ot to be a "Covid-19" safe ride, and groups were allowed. I'm glad it went that way. Joined a small group to ride together.

Back