Not me your honour. Racing a Harley is like stealing a kiddies lolly. Going after a Panigale V4 or Kwaka H2 - Now that is a challenge.

Its funny I never hear any Harley riders criticise Rockets I reckon 50% don't know what they are they are as they are seldom ever mentioned in most of the Magazines, and the others just enjoy the ride and don't care what people say , I never bought my Harley for "racing "just for the comfort and presence of the bike, kids give the thumbs up all the time never happened in the Rocket, 40,000Klms so far and just oil changes and tyres the Rocket had 2 catastrophic failures in less mileage ,a great concept but a heartbreaker for me, I have met some great people on this Forum who ride Rockets but would never buy one again,

Its funny I never hear any Harley riders criticise Rockets I reckon 50% don't know what they are they are as they are seldom ever mentioned in most of the Magazines, and the others just enjoy the ride and don't care what people say , I never bought my Harley for "racing "just for the comfort and presence of the bike, kids give the thumbs up all the time never happened in the Rocket, 40,000Klms so far and just oil changes and tyres the Rocket had 2 catastrophic failures in less mileage ,a great concept but a heartbreaker for me, I have met some great people on this Forum who ride Rockets but would never buy one again,

There are good Harley people, for sure. Speaking for myself, I think the Harley hating you sometimes read about here is a reaction, at least in the states, to the elitist attitude a lot of Harley riders share. These guys are all about the brand and not so much the common bond between riders. BMW riders come in a distant second with this mentality, in my opinion (I had an R1200RT before the Rocket, but never quite fit in). I love Triumph, but not above waving to a guy even on a liquor sickle.

I'd wager that most HD riders never even consider other bikes. Their uncle has a HD, their brother, their neighbor next door. It's quite the "in" club and then you get to have the sticker on your truck, T-shirts, logos on jackets, chaps :D. Of course, that's all OK, just don't come revving your motor at me cause I ain't in your club. Those are the guys, not all HD riders, who get criticized here.

Then there's the sound (nice) of Harleys, almost always loud. But unlike the cherry 67 Camaro that I saw last night, for example, with a sweet rumble indicating the power under the hood, the Harley just makes the sound of high performance. I really don't get it. We have a saying here in the states, "big hat, no cattle."

One reason, I never considered a Harley. Feels like too much of an "in" club. I've known too many Harley guys over the years that look down their nose at you if you're NOT on a Harley. I've also known a fair number that could care less what brand your bike is. Me? I could care less what your riding, as long as your riding and having fun!

There are good Harley people, for sure. Speaking for myself, I think the Harley hating you sometimes read about here is a reaction, at least in the states, to the elitist attitude a lot of Harley riders share. These guys are all about the brand and not so much the common bond between riders. BMW riders come in a distant second with this mentality, in my opinion (I had an R1200RT before the Rocket, but never quite fit in). I love Triumph, but not above waving to a guy even on a liquor sickle.

I'd wager that most HD riders never even consider other bikes. Their uncle has a HD, their brother, their neighbor next door. It's quite the "in" club and then you get to have the sticker on your truck, T-shirts, logos on jackets, chaps :D. Of course, that's all OK, just don't come revving your motor at me cause I ain't in your club. Those are the guys, not all HD riders, who get criticized here.

Then there's the sound (nice) of Harleys, almost always loud. But unlike the cherry 67 Camaro that I saw last night, for example, with a sweet rumble indicating the power under the hood, the Harley just makes the sound of high performance. I really don't get it. We have a saying here in the states, "big hat, no cattle."

I have owner lots of bikes in my 54 years of riding of English, Japanese ,American and German origin and like most people enjoy the ride and brotherhood of motorcycling ,yes granted their are the: Easy Fall off guys" who ride Harleys and the Boy racers who ride very fast Japanese bikes and the guys who ride from home to the nearest Pub and parade around like bad boys,but a lot of guys are like my riding buddies who just ride for the pure pleasure of riding with a few mates , brand snobbery will not be tolerated in our group, egotists as well, just a lot of friendly banter among mates, the trouble is slowly but surely age is catching up with most of us so I buy a new bike what ever make I feel like at the time every 3 years or so ,to allow me to enjoy the variety ,

My Harrey and Rocket coexist just fine, not to mention all my other bikes:)
Screenshot_20190520-084331_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190421-141719_Messages.jpg

I have been part of the "In Harley" crowd. I know how many of them think. Test riding the new Indians opened my eyes a bit and then I found Triumph. I am cool owning more than one brand now.

Back