Rider Alert Cards (Crash Cards)

tdragger

Living Legend
I just got this email this morning announcing the registration events for UK style "crash cards". Sounds like a great idea. I'll be picking mine up on Saturday.

Dear Rider:
You are invited to help us kick off an exciting new safety project for the United States right here in Central Virginia at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 12, 2011, at the Headquarters of Richmond
Ambulance Authority.

Bon Secours Virginia Health System and Richmond Ambulance Authority, in partnership with Motorcycle VA, Inc. are pleased to announce the roll-out of Rider Alert. Rider Alert consists of a water-resistant emergency contact and medical information card placed in the helmet lining with a small (approximately 1 inch round) sticker placed on the outside of the helmet. The helmet sticker will warn untrained bystanders not to remove your helmet in the event of an accident and will alert first responders and emergency department staff to the presence of your emergency contact and medical information inside the helmet.

This initiative began in the United Kingdom, as a small project to distribute rider information cards in the county of Essex. The program’s popularity soon meant that cards were available to riders across England and Scotland, including the world famous road races at the Isle of Man TT. Since then approximately 325,000 “CRASH Cards” as they are known in the UK have been distributed to riders through local safety offices and motorcycle and accessory dealers. The UK organizers will be traveling to Richmond to join us for this event as their once-small project takes root in North America. We hope you will join us for an exciting media event (and pick up your own Rider Alert) on April 12, 2011. Richmond Ambulance Authority is located at 2400 Hermitage Road, Richmond, Virginia, 23220. Please try to arrive before 10:15 a.m., so that we can get motorcycles parked with engines off for our announcement. No motorcycles or other vehicles will be admitted to the RAA premises after 10:40 a.m.

This event will be followed on April 16, 2011, by a Rider Alert distribution event at Morton’s BMW Spring open house at 5099A Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, Virginia, 22408.

Toni R. Ardabell
Chief Executive Officer
Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital

Steve Witmer
Corporate Director
Motorcycle VA, Inc

Rob Lawrence
Chief Operating Officer
Richmond Ambulance Authority

--
Best Regards,
Diana Boxey

PO Box 4369
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 457-TOUR
www.vamotorcycletour.com

Attachments

• Rider Alert Letter.pdf
    258.4 KB · Views: 137
Wow!!!! What a fresh idea for the states!;) I would certainly put one in my helmet should it be offered in NY! Thanks for the post!

Back