Rev limiter vs top speed limiter

I don't know if anyone really knows the top speed of a stock derestricted bike. People who remove the limiter are also likely to retune the bike, which adds around another 30hp to the wheel.

There have been other threads where people reported their top speeds, though was everyone honest? How accurate is the speedo? Did they use GPS?

The size of the rider, rider position, windscreen presence, will all affect top speed.

The answer is going to be between 235 and 300. I'm guessing much closer to 250 than 300.

I don't know if anyone really knows the top speed of a stock derestricted bike. People who remove the limiter are also likely to retune the bike, which adds around another 30hp to the wheel.

There have been other threads where people reported their top speeds, though was everyone honest? How accurate is the speedo? Did they use GPS?

The size of the rider, rider position, windscreen presence, will all affect top speed.

The answer is going to be between 235 and 300. I'm guessing much closer to 250 than 300.

Speedo is not numbered at 240+ The bike did gps and methyl alcohol on a German 'Autobahn'.

They are v rated tyre 240kmh
V rated stock tyres with right tyre pressure (.) have some 'leeway' and won't explode when you hit once a while a 240 km/h. Assembling better quality tyres could be an saver option instead some tries and then error...

rockets were not built for speeds like some out there now days that 170 to 200 no problem, the new rocket is not a top speed bike. 0 to 145 all around animal.
When I was out west riding with Breeze I ran mine to the top and I get an indicated 147. I weigh 205 lbs. and in full tuck. I think if it was not limited there would be a few mph left in it but not 20+. Just a feeling or guess. I think that is fast enough for this bike but I’d like to have 100% fuel all the way up to that point. It’s about getting to the top as quick as possible.

The power noses over at just short of 150mph you can see it on the dyno chart I have posted, it starts limiting the power. There is a tune out there which will remove the speed limiter and the bike ran 186mph or 300kph at redline on the dyno. I don't know if it would do it on the road.

Mine started to nose over on the dyno at 5600rpm so there isn't a ton of leg left in the bike anyway without drastically raising the redline.

The power noses over at just short of 150mph you can see it on the dyno chart I have posted, it starts limiting the power. There is a tune out there which will remove the speed limiter and the bike ran 186mph or 300kph at redline on the dyno. I don't know if it would do it on the road.

Mine started to nose over on the dyno at 5600rpm so there isn't a ton of leg left in the bike anyway without drastically raising the redline.
i researched through several forms and found that to remove rev limiter and speed limiter we need to

- buy a ~300 euros app
- increase rev limit in that app
- remove speed limit in that app
- flash penner map

and then

Enjoyyyyy :D

i researched through several forms and found that to remove rev limiter and speed limiter we need to

- buy a ~300 euros app
- increase rev limit in that app
- remove speed limit in that app
- flash penner map

and then

Enjoyyyyy :D
If you have the normal stuff that you use the flash the Penner map, then all you need to do is contact Alain Fontaine and he will sell you a map that has the speed limiter unlocked for 49 EUR. I didn't get it because I really thought about it and I don't care if I can't go faster than 148mph. I just want to be able to rip up the asphalt from 0-100

Here is the email I got from him.

The price of the map with speed limiter off is 49 EUR for one bike (for a Standard license).

If interested you must send me a screenshot of the ECU/informations of the bike (with VIN & serial)

Payment via PayPal to meeouf@gmail.com.

Alain

If you have the normal stuff that you use the flash the Penner map, then all you need to do is contact Alain Fontaine and he will sell you a map that has the speed limiter unlocked for 49 EUR. I didn't get it because I really thought about it and I don't care if I can't go faster than 148mph. I just want to be able to rip up the asphalt from 0-100

Here is the email I got from him.

The price of the map with speed limiter off is 49 EUR for one bike (for a Standard license).

If interested you must send me a screenshot of the ECU/informations of the bike (with VIN & serial)

Payment via PayPal to meeouf@gmail.com.

Alain
thanks so much for this information, you saved me big money :D

thanks so much for this information, you saved me big money :D
Glad to help but just so there is no misunderstanding, as far as I know the Alian tune doesn't raise the rev limiter or if it does I don't think it is that much. You would need to contact him to know for sure.

Back