Think you will find the suspension is set on the very bottom setting from the factory. If you havnt adjusted it to suit your weight then it will be hard.
We adjusted my cobbers 'R' model suspension and the bike is 'Way' better now. There is a youtube video with a guy explaining what he suggests you try.
Maybe have a look at it and have a play.

Thank you for your help. I watched several videos and read many articles regarding adjustment of static SAG as a function of weight and riding conditions (Dave Moss, Öhlins, ...). Do you remember which video you have watched ?

Thank you for your help. I watched several videos and read many articles regarding adjustment of static SAG as a function of weight and riding conditions (Dave Moss, Öhlins, ...). Do you remember which video you have watched ?
I have only watched Dave's videos (quite a lot of them actually, none R3-specific so far, but suspension setup is pretty generic i feel)

I think compression is too hard and rebound to soft both front and rear. I have a friend having an Ohlins shock made for his r3. It will be interesting to compare. I know my wrists and my back don't like more than 1/2 an hour at the mo. I'm certainly going to try the mods you guys are having a little success with.

I think compression is too hard and rebound to soft both front and rear. I have a friend having an Ohlins shock made for his r3. It will be interesting to compare. I know my wrists and my back don't like more than 1/2 an hour at the mo. I'm certainly going to try the mods you guys are having a little success with.

I changed Triumph shock absorbers for Öhlins ones, and seat on my previous R3 -2007. My back was not suffering anymore and I was able to ride several hours a day.
I did the same with a HD CVO road-glide 2013. I was able to ride until 6 hours a day with my wife and luggage.

Your friend has Öhlins shock on a 2.5 R3 ?

This suspension business is a rabbit hole :) I'd recommend watching a few of Dave Moss YouTube vids, he sets up suspension and ergos such as levers and handlebars for people, i haven't watched one video yet where the guy/gal wasn't satisfied after his tweaks and recommendations. He is pretty good at explaining so even i *almost* understand.
And a good guy also.

My impression is that the rebound is too firm up front, making the fork compress and go limp over successive bumps, Dave seems to suggest the same.
I will try to decrease rebound damping up front as soon as the torrential downpours blow over.

For what its worth...i had Wilbers on my 2016 Roadster and found them excellent shocks but just too firm for me. I had some Ohlins made specifically for me and it made the bike way better...that and Progressives and grade 7 oil in the front.
I dont know what can be done for the 2020 bikes but someone will come up with a magic carpet setup for sure...

As I found too that the rear was on the hard way, I followed the recommandation of Dave to have the 9 clics from minimum and this helps. The front is slightly bouncing to much, so someone a recommandation for the front to ease the rebound?

As I found too that the rear was on the hard way, I followed the recommandation of Dave to have the 9 clics from minimum and this helps. The front is slightly bouncing to much, so someone a recommandation for the front to ease the rebound?
Dave says opening fork rebound is "essential" i didn't want to push my luck getting freebee advice beyond that, but i will try a few clicks softer on rebound and see.
It's not like it's irreversible if it turns out worse rather than better :)

The rebound has 3.5 turns from max to min. Standart is set to 2 turns left, put 3 turns left (softer) and will see what the result will be.

Back