Did they do anything different in the 3rd time?
I don't know because i wasn't in dealer service area when they make bleeding operation. Of course I have to be honest, if the bike has been without riding couple days I have to push the brake pedal once or twice after that brake is better. My fred has Ducati Diavel and he has same small broplem. Ducati is using same Rembo brake.

I don't know because i wasn't in dealer service area when they make bleeding operation. Of course I have to be honest, if the bike has been without riding couple days I have to push the brake pedal once or twice after that brake is better. My fred has Ducati Diavel and he has same small broplem. Ducati is using same Rembo brake.
That should NOT happen. After 3 brake bleeds Triumph finally authorized a new ABS modulator for me. Once that was done the front and back brakes felt much much better. Unfortunately, that was at the end of riding season, so not sure if it's a permanent fix or not. People need to be seriously complaining to Triumph and their government entities that handle safety in their respective countries.

How many times was your bike in for this? Everyone should be filing a complaint with the NHTSA. Maybe it could get some attention then. Maybe.
2 times. Recall and 6 months later. My dealership knows about the issue. This replacement ABS pump was after they contacted Triumph. I didnt even have to ask. They know, as do I, that generally a new model has teething problems. My 2nd service is due soon and the new ABS pump will be fitted then. Soon as I can get specific part numbers, I'll post it here so others can pressure their dealership

It seems clear that the ABS module/pump has to be replaced. Why don't dealers order that by the first brake failure instead of having customers go back and forth for a year?
If someone knows how we can make some more noise enough for Triumph Corp to hear it and do something, let us know.

It seems clear that the ABS module/pump has to be replaced. Why don't dealers order that by the first brake failure instead of having customers go back and forth for a year?
If someone knows how we can make some more noise enough for Triumph Corp to hear it and do something, let us know.
The reason is Triumph corporate. Triumph made the dealer perform my brake bleed 3 times before they approved them to do warranty work on the ABS module. I suppose they think bleeding is a fix for some and is much cheaper.

I can understand why continually bleeding the rear brake isn't working if the abs modulator is bleeding off pressure. I heard some crazy explanations like that when the brakes cooled off there was air getting pulled in through the banjo fittings. So be sure to tighten those up. really??? Let's admit there is a problem with a percentage of the ABS modulators, before someone is killed due to it, and replace them.

2 times. Recall and 6 months later. My dealership knows about the issue. This replacement ABS pump was after they contacted Triumph. I didnt even have to ask. They know, as do I, that generally a new model has teething problems. My 2nd service is due soon and the new ABS pump will be fitted then. Soon as I can get specific part numbers, I'll post it here so others can pressure their dealership
I have seen some posting which tels that ABS unit have changet but after while problem is game Back.

I have seen some posting which tels that ABS unit have changet but after while problem is game Back.
It's just starting to warm up here, so I will know for sure soon if it comes back after replacement. I will say that after the ABS unit was replaced even the front brake felt more powerful.

I can understand why continually bleeding the rear brake isn't working if the abs modulator is bleeding off pressure. I heard some crazy explanations like that when the brakes cooled off there was air getting pulled in through the banjo fittings. So be sure to tighten those up. really??? Let's admit there is a problem with a percentage of the ABS modulators, before someone is killed due to it, and replace them.

OR
they are incompetent at bleeding abs brakes
or
they screwed up the air bleed on the rear breaks and its sucking air into the system or lines and plugs
or
if i just let it set in the back for awhile he won't bring it back
or
they think the brakes are ok and they don't know that a little air when it gets hot will displace a lot of brake fluid.

Back