Brake pedal went to the floor around 1500 miles. Had it bled and it’s just done the same thing at 2800 miles.
Triumph just say take it back and get it bled again, but I don’t think that’s (anywhere near) good enough.

Anyone else with this Issue?
Yes both me and my mate have had the same problem rear brake spongy ive done 3500 miles....

I have had mine go too - cost me a pretty penny to have it fixed too... I had to get my rear tire fixed just prior to this so i don't know if it was related.

I have had mine go too - cost me a pretty penny to have it fixed too... I had to get my rear tire fixed just prior to this so i don't know if it was related.
Why did it cost you? Was the bike not in warranty?
What did they replace?

It seems to be that rear brake problems are common, especially in model R (2020) not so common in GT model. Also to my bike (R) have had to make twice bleed the rear brake system. Differences between R and GT is place of brake rear main cylinder. In R model cylinder is behind of exhaust manifold which means a hot place. GT model the cylinder is not so hot place because driving position is different, foot pegs are in front also cylinder is not behind manifold. Of course this is my own speculation. Let see what kind of re-call correction will be happens.

My guess would be that the dealer installs fluid when they prep the bike so they should not charge u extra if they do not know how to bleed the brakes.
All of the failed bikes show symptoms of air in the system so either they did not get it out or it is commlng in.

My 2020 R3 GT has been back twice for rear brake bleeding and I have just rec'd a recall notice from Triumph, telling me that it could be a problem with this model, no kidding. I hope the bleeding fixes it, good thing I don't go hard on the rear brakes. I have been waiting 10 months for a quick shift kit which was paid for and supposed to be fitted when I picked up the bike. Don't know what they are up to but it certainly isn't customer service. Other than that the bike is a great ride.

Back