Rattling in rear wheel R3T

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Refer to image, had been hearing a rattling in my rear wheel, found the stuff in the image bouncing around but captured in the wheel.... must be from manufacture...

Attachments

• 36FDE969-1CC3-4870-A26C-047F09C8B7FF.jpeg
    36FDE969-1CC3-4870-A26C-047F09C8B7FF.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 33
I'm trying to visualize where these would be found. By "in the wheel" do you mean inside the tire or inside the bearing hub? How big are those pieces (no reference) and what are they made off? I'm guessing casting flash or plugs????

I'm trying to visualize where these would be found. By "in the wheel" do you mean inside the tire or inside the bearing hub? How big are those pieces (no reference) and what are they made off? I'm guessing casting flash or plugs????
See attached photo as an example of inside the wheel ... pretty sure it’s casting flash and they’re about 20mm diameter... made terrible noises spinning around in wheel as I’d accelerate...

Attachments

• 84FBDBDF-B169-4D22-8E54-AE45450216A8.png
    84FBDBDF-B169-4D22-8E54-AE45450216A8.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 17
Ah, so it is from the cush drive hub area. I agree with your call. Casting flash. Bet that didn't help with wheel balancing??
Funny you should say that... I had been wondering if the balancing is a bit out.... oh well, not much left on the rear tire anyway so in a couple of months I’ll find out

I've shared this before. Remember working in a GM dealership in the 70s. Came across 2 examples of casting flash that caused major engine overheating issues with brand new cars only a few days old. Once the water jacket hole from the right cylinder head to the thermostat port in the intake manifold had casting flash over the hole on a Chevy small block V8. Another time the water pump had casting flash across the inside of one of the return ports in a Chevy small block water pump. Try fixing an overheating issue with those problems??? In both instances there was no water flow to 1/2 the engine.

I wonder where Triumph gets their rims made?

I've shared this before. Remember working in a GM dealership in the 70s. Came across 2 examples of casting flash that caused major engine overheating issues with brand new cars only a few days old. Once the water jacket hole from the right cylinder head to the thermostat port in the intake manifold had casting flash over the hole on a Chevy small block V8. Another time the water pump had casting flash across the inside of one of the return ports in a Chevy small block water pump. Try fixing an overheating issue with those problems??? In both instances there was no water flow to 1/2 the engine.

I wonder where Triumph gets their rims made?
Don’t know, I know from walking the factory floor at Hinckley that they have a big pile
of wheels and there is a guy that just focuses on wheels, and some of them were probably made there, not sure if the R3T wheels were, I know that the R3T was built there, spoke to a couple of guys that worked on em.... wish I could have video’ed that whole tour... I was like a kid in a candy shop the whole time

Back