Random Rideout Pictures

Took a run over the Sma Glen to Crieff today to meet up with a mate for a bike run
A822 (Sma Glen Rd from Dunkeld to Crieff )
20210825_140519.jpg

Stopped of at Loch Earn before heading down Loch Tay
Rocket with my mates 2018 fatboy
20210825_154245.jpg
Fatboy looks soooo tiny !

The older gen Rocket makes the newer gen Rocket look small (to me anyway). Man I wish I still had my 14 Rocket along with my 2020 Rocket. That way both would be under rode but look sweet in my garage. :(
When i still had my 2016 Roadster, i was going into the dealers to test ride the new 2020 R model. I put the front wheel of the Roadster up against a post on the fence at home and then used a block of 3x2 timber up against the back wheel and marked the concrete with a marker pen. When i was riding the R model, i came home and put its front wheel on the post and compared the two for length. The 2016 was about 1/2 an inch longer!..When riding the R...it seemed to be smaller as it was more nimble than the Roadster...handle bars were more forward etc...seemed lighter to ride too...

When i still had my 2016 Roadster, i was going into the dealers to test ride the new 2020 R model. I put the front wheel of the Roadster up against a post on the fence at home and then used a block of 3x2 timber up against the back wheel and marked the concrete with a marker pen. When i was riding the R model, i came home and put its front wheel on the post and compared the two for length. The 2016 was about 1/2 an inch longer!..When riding the R...it seemed to be smaller as it was more nimble than the Roadster...handle bars were more forward etc...seemed lighter to ride too...
Yes the GT is also much more 'flickable'. It seems lighter when riding and smaller when looking at it in my garage. People always told me what a behemoth the 05 and 14 Rockets were. They don't say that about my 2020 although I always get, "beautiful bike" from people. As far as the half inch longer...:rolleyes:

The older models look bigger but there is some kind of optical illusion going on. I think the monster looking tank with the air intake system under part of it is part of the size perception. The new ones do feel smaller when riding but much more refined.

Back