You might try MRA. That is who I have mine through. I am a relatively new rider and when I was getting quotes from all of the other companies mentioned in this thread it was expensive. I saw an ad in Thunder Press for MRA, so I called them. All they handle is motorcycles. They are an agency so they quote for various providers so maybe they can find you someone cheaper. You should be able to google them. They are in Florida. But if you need a number and name PM me.

Years back I called Geico for a quote (pre-internet) and one of the first questions they asked was 'do you wear a helmet 100% of the time?' Arizona has no helmet law and I replied, 'probably around 95%', and they said 'we will not offer you coverage'. Don't know if they do that anymore.

Anyone who doesn't shop all their insurance every couple of years is probably spending more than they should. Insurance companies will inch up your rates year after year while other companies will offer teaser rates in your area to gain business. You really need to watch home owners insurance. Since most people pay it with their mortgage payments you don't notice the increases as readily.

I don't *think* they ask about helmets anymore. I don't recall ever being asked. I can tell you they'd lose a lot of business in Florida if they did ask. Just based on observation, I'd say maybe 50% of riders around here wear a helmet.

I also shop around every couple of years, but so far Geico has been cheaper.

Kelly, did you get this sorted out, yet?

I have always been insured with Rider, a great NJ company that only insures motorcycles, but when I got their quote on the R3 (about $650!), I went shopping. A buddy of mine turned me on to Foremost, which ultimately got my business. My policy with them costs about $325 annually and it provides the upper limits available (100/300) and pretty liberal coverage for aftermarket stuff, riding apparel, towing, etc..

Yeh, I bought a Progressive policy ... it's got everything I wanted (could get). It cost a little more than average $382, but that's with zero deductible un-restricted on the PIP. You guys who got less expensive coverage should review your policy to make sure the 15/30 PIP doesn't have $15,000 deductible or is restricted. That seriously handicaps your ability to recover losses after an accident.

I'm with Allstate, they insure my house and truck too.
My premiums for the bikes per year are:
1995 Thunderbird Liability only 100/300 + Uninsured $75.00

1973 Triumph Tiger Liability only 100/300 + Uninsured $75.00

2005 Rocket III Liability 100/300 + Uninsured + Collision + Comprehensive $250 Deductable $192.63

I get a discount of $201.48 for Multiple policies, Multiple vehicles, and being a good rider (if they only knew).

I have Foremost. $50,000 bodily injury/100,000 passenger liab.
$50,000 Property damage
$500 deductible collision
$250 other than collision
$3500 optional equipment

$231.00 a year.

Back