By oversized, do you mean one that is really big that says "Triumph" , or do you mean the big Winged Triumph Patch?

Just wondering, I may have a line on the first one. I usually buy the winged patch at the IMS shows. They're expensive though, $35 /patch for the winged one.

oldsprint03

Neither one.
By oversized I mean just like the later ones 99-05 only bigger.
Instead of a 3" like the 99-05 rat patches,
the 98 was 4" just like the 97 only wasn't round,
it was the shape of the later ones 99-05, only bigger.
I've got a picture posted somewhere of it, let me see if I can find it again.
Thanks,
skip

Here it is,
it's the big one on the left of the picture under the round green one, which is the 97.

Thanks Steve, you noticed I cut my old bald head out huh?
Not a very good pic but at least it's got the patch I was referring to in the pic.
(I know you were referring to my vest)
Thanks, you remember a couple years ago at the Rockets Across America,
I said I was waitting on the patch I was having made
to have my RAT patches all sewn on my vest?
Well the Triumph World patch is the one I was waittin' on.
There's a story behind that one.
I'll tell ya at the campfire meeting tonight if you want to hear it.....
If you aren't there, or just want to wait I'll tell you the story over some O.J. at M.V.

I renewed and never got the latest mag and sure never got the cool t-shirt Jackson was talking about.
I'd sure like to see a picture of it though.
Anybody else get one of them T-shirts?
Somebody post a pic if ya got one...

battery box

OOPS.......wrong thread

after removing the big air filter I realize that if I remove the filter box as well there is room for a bigger battery one that would crank the engine without all the problems associated with the small batteries we have been saddled with when purchasing the bike . so next week I will tackle that project. since I d not plan on re installing the big filter will see what can fit in the newly found area

Sorry if I misled you guys. The renewal don't get you a t shirt. It is shown in the magazine. I had to buy the t shirt. That's what I meant by expensive. Still a cool t shirt though.

Back