Puddle of Coolant after ride

franklyspeaking

.020 Over
Ride
2014 RIII Roadster
I went out for a ride this morning and when done parked the bike in the garage. I went out there a little while later to find a puddle of coolant underneath the bike. It appears to have emitted from a hose that pokes out at the bottom of the engine.

Any ideas? Is it a faulty cap?

Other details:
I never got a Temp light

It was in the low 90s today

When I opened the cap to inspect it, the coolant was all the way to the top, so much so that some spilled out when I reinserted the cap.

The cap rubber looked ok

The reservoir reads about a 1/4" from the MIN mark.

Time to break out the Vespa.

No worries, the coolant level is high and the overflow, upon getting heated up, came out of the right place.

I went out for a ride this morning and when done parked the bike in the garage. I went out there a little while later to find a puddle of coolant underneath the bike. It appears to have emitted from a hose that pokes out at the bottom of the engine.

Any ideas? Is it a faulty cap?

Other details:
I never got a Temp light

It was in the low 90s today

When I opened the cap to inspect it, the coolant was all the way to the top, so much so that some spilled out when I reinserted the cap.

The cap rubber looked ok

The reservoir reads about a 1/4" from the MIN mark.

I just had the exact same issue. Faulty cap.

Frank just check the coolant recovery bottle when cold and when you go for a ride check it again it should after a few minutes be towards the full mark as it cools it will draw some of the coolant back into the radiator ,if you fill the recovery bottle when cold it will over flow as the engine heats up after you stop, this variation is only about 200mls or so

Do check the cap to make certain that the gasketing is properly seated and that the spring is sprung (unstuck)!

BTW, I like Vespas.;)

323360131_e2836744fc_o.jpg

Last edited:
Get Bank Loan . . .
SamCo be Spendy!
DO Not Get Yeller.

Back