Prospective owner just saying hello.

Welcome. It is definitely amazing. I'm five feet tall (153 cm), and almost 200 pounds (90 kg) and it is still a blast. I can guarantee that it will fit you much better. If I ever decide to "upgrade" I'll be getting a newer R3. Come on.... One of us, one of us...

Congrats man, perfect timing!

Take some time to learn and adjust to your new ride, coming off a Sportbike myself, I can attest to having to re-learn a lot of things about riding. Enjoy her, she will ruin liter bike acceleration forever lol.

First one that got me was getting pants stuck on foot pegs constantly. Second one was on the SB I could hang off just a little and it made a big difference in corners, on the R3, since it is so much heavier than the rider you really have to move around if you are going to hustle it, same holds true for very low speed maneuvers, if you want to do full lock turns with stability you really have to counter weight the bike with your body a lot more.

Ok trigger pulled and a Phantom Black with Red Stripe is being picked up on 27th Sept. All ready for the distinguished gentleman's ride
Congrats on a fine purchase. You won't be disappointed. The bike loves to pull......anything.....it just goes and goes and

You'll love it!

As some have said just take some time to get used to it. I came from a 1050 Sprint ST to a Rocket III Touring. I had a lucky escape coming off the motorway on one of my first rides. Steaming into a tightening bend on the off ramp and very nearly into the crash barrier.

The rocket is nimbler than most would imagine but it's certainly not a sports bike and demands a different approach. Take some time, the continue to ride like a fanny once you're brain has adjusted.

Should you choose to of course :sneaky::whitstling:

One of the greatest thing about the roadster --- ABS.

I like it so much because when in a corner you can lightly apply rear brake to adjust your line or drop a little speed to make a turn safely. I'v have a couple occasions already where the ABS came on mid turn and it didn't upset the bike at all just gently pulses and lets me know I'm actually at, not near, the limit.

Back