Proper Introduction..

slydog75

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
So... I made a previous post here before I bought my bike.. Now that I actually have it, I figured I'd make a proper introduction..

So, I live in Bucks County Pennsylvania, about an hour out of Philadelphia. I rode bikes from the time I was 16 until about 30 when we had our daughter and I switched to dune buggies for a while. Decided it was time to get a bike again. I found a 2007 Rocket III for sale in Virginia and Saturday afternoon we dove 3 hours to check it out. We met the guy at a storage facility. When he unlocked the shed and pulled it out, the bike LOOKED phenomenal! It barely looks used at all. We made a deal and I brought it home last night.

Took it for the first real drive today and wow, what a bike. I now know what 'effortless acceleration' means and yet it handles well too.

Here's a pic from yesterday after we loaded her on the trailer, forgot to grab one today..

1df386b6-6a8e-446e-bf9f-fedb89b26020.jpg

One quick question, I see a number of different model options when I'm looking for accessories (ie. R3 Classic, R3 Roadster, R3 TFC, etc) Which one do I have?

While I'm at it, does anyone know what the shortest trailer length (with an open back) you could fit in R3 on would be? The wheelbase is listed as 66 inches, but the overall length is listed as 98".

While I'm at it, does anyone know what the shortest trailer length (with an open back) you could fit in R3 on would be? The wheelbase is listed as 66 inches, but the overall length is listed as 98".
10 feet is the shortest you need, it will not fit on an 8' trailer, welcome to the forum!

10 feet is the shortest you need, it will not fit on an 8' trailer, welcome to the forum!
I have a 4 X 8 trailer that I've carried mine in. You do have to bind down the front before closing the gate or it will hit the rear fender. And drop the gate before releasing the straps. It also fits in an 8' truck bed with the tailgate closed.

So... I made a previous post here before I bought my bike.. Now that I actually have it, I figured I'd make a proper introduction..

So, I live in Bucks County Pennsylvania, about an hour out of Philadelphia. I rode bikes from the time I was 16 until about 30 when we had our daughter and I switched to dune buggies for a while. Decided it was time to get a bike again. I found a 2007 Rocket III for sale in Virginia and Saturday afternoon we dove 3 hours to check it out. We met the guy at a storage facility. When he unlocked the shed and pulled it out, the bike LOOKED phenomenal! It barely looks used at all. We made a deal and I brought it home last night.

Took it for the first real drive today and wow, what a bike. I now know what 'effortless acceleration' means and yet it handles well too.

Here's a pic from yesterday after we loaded her on the trailer, forgot to grab one today..

1df386b6-6a8e-446e-bf9f-fedb89b26020.jpg

One quick question, I see a number of different model options when I'm looking for accessories (ie. R3 Classic, R3 Roadster, R3 TFC, etc) Which one do I have?
Welcome...I see the side stand is out in that pic...best to keep it in.

I have a 4 X 8 trailer that I've carried mine in. You do have to bind down the front before closing the gate or it will hit the rear fender. And drop the gate before releasing the straps. It also fits in an 8' truck bed with the tailgate closed.
:oops::oops::oops::oops: too much work but ofcourse, you can manhandle the monster like it is a minibike:p:D

Longer is better on the trailer but I don't have that. I do carry the bike diagonal when needed though some frown on that. I'm not sure why but if the bike is tied down well, it travels well; kickstand up...

Back